US v El Salvador thread | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

US v El Salvador thread

...and ahead of Mexico in the FIFA rankings now!!!

This will be a big deal come seeding for WC. We can really help ourselves by winning this thing, especially if we beat Mexico head to head. Our guys are playing like this is their Gold Cup...and ain't no one gonna touch it!!! ;)

Kudos to Klinsmann for the fire he has lit in the belly. He has shown a willingness to play aggressive, full out soccer even when the defense has looked shaky. His substitution of Eddie Johnson was brilliant. Our previous coaches may have gone with another defender/distributor to protect the one goal lead. He went for the decisive win. I really like what he has done with this program, and specifically with this team. Instead of coming out of this game with a *phew, we won* attitude, now the team is riding a swell of confidence. That cannot be underestimated in a tournament where we have suffered What losses. This team is where it needs to be mentally and physically to finish the job.

BTW, I am developing a man crush with Rimando. Where did this guy come from? He was supposed to be our second keeper this tournament. The guy has definitely earned a shot at the WC roster thus far. If he can see us through to the championship, I think he makes the roster. Are we allowed 2 or 3 keepers for the WC?

This will be a big deal come seeding for WC. We can really help ourselves by winning this thing, especially if we beat Mexico head to head. Our guys are playing like this is their Gold Cup...and ain't no one gonna touch it!!! ;)

Kudos to Klinsmann for the fire he has lit in the belly. He has shown a willingness to play aggressive, full out soccer even when the defense has looked shaky. His substitution of Eddie Johnson was brilliant. Our previous coaches may have gone with another defender/distributor to protect the one goal lead. He went for the decisive win. I really like what he has done with this program, and specifically with this team. Instead of coming out of this game with a *phew, we won* attitude, now the team is riding a swell of confidence. That cannot be underestimated in a tournament where we have suffered What losses. This team is where it needs to be mentally and physically to finish the job.

BTW, I am developing a man crush with Rimando. Where did this guy come from? He was supposed to be our second keeper this tournament. The guy has definitely earned a shot at the WC roster thus far. If he can see us through to the championship, I think he makes the roster. Are we allowed 2 or 3 keepers for the WC?

Unless we can work ourselves into the top-8 and get a protected seed, passing Mexico is nothing more than bragging rights, given the way FIFA regionalizes the draw. But even if we were to win our final 6 matches (and maybe a quality friendly), getting a protected seed would still be a long shot.

Rimando could play the role of Marcus Hahneman and be a useful insurance policy as the 3rd keeper. But he has no chance of surpassing Guzan. Teams take 3 goalies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom