US vs Bosnia & Herzegovina | Syracusefan.com

US vs Bosnia & Herzegovina

cusefan88

All American
Stiff test for the US today. Three newcomers in the fold with John Brooks, Aron Johannsson, and Bobby Wood called up. IMO Brooks will make the WC team for Brazil and could potentially start. He's 20 years old and plays for Hertha Berlin in the Bundesliga. A big test for him today, when he plays, marking Edin Dzeko and Vedad Ibisevic.

I'm going 1-1 draw.

Stiff test for the US today. Three newcomers in the fold with John Brooks, Aron Johannsson, and Bobby Wood called up. IMO Brooks will make the WC team for Brazil and could potentially start. He's 20 years old and plays for Hertha Berlin in the Bundesliga. A big test for him today, when he plays, marking Edin Dzeko and Vedad Ibisevic.

I'm going 1-1 draw.

Good scouting report, looks like he's failing the test, though. I can't watch the game, but it sounds like the back line is having a nightmare.

This friendly has been very entertaining since the 30th minute. The US seemed like they were sleep walking (similar to SU noon games) in the beginning and Evans was being abused. The midfield was not controlling the tempo at all.

THEN Altidore just took this game over. Brooks and Johanson have been solid and aggressive.

JOZY JOZY JOZY!!!:D

He and Johannsson will pair very well at striker. Brooks looked very good considering he had to mark Edin Dzeko. Diskerud was solid. Very happy with the team performance. Normally I hate on Castillo but if he can play well at LB that would let Fabian Johnson move to midfield where he's very dangerous.

At what point do we really say that this USMNT has a real shot to make waves in Brazil? There is a lot of talent here. I want to be realistic as well but it seems even amidst lineup changes, B teamers etc we have a really solid squad and good results. Brooks and Johannsson only add to the difficult decisions for JK as to who goes to Brazil.

For me the USA should always make the final 16. I'm starting to believe they could win past that but not farther.

apparently Aron Johannsson is being called "Bacon"

1173854_10151746751013941_929681729_n.jpg

looks like...
images

JOZY JOZY JOZY!!!:D

He and Johannsson will pair very well at striker. Brooks looked very good considering he had to mark Edin Dzeko. Diskerud was solid. Very happy with the team performance. Normally I hate on Castillo but if he can play well at LB that would let Fabian Johnson move to midfield where he's very dangerous.

I like putting Johnson and Jozy up top in the 4-4-2. But then the question becomes who do you play as midfielders / wingers? Do you put Donovan centrally behind the strikers or out on a wing? Same question with Dempsey.

Personally, Diskerud has some flair but got muscled off the ball far too easily. Hopefully a learning experience for him. Johannson was like lightning out there. Looks very talented.

Brooks was OK - good athleticism and some skill with the ball at his feet, but was way too unreliable for a center back. Too much ball watching. He's got a long way to go to beat out Besler or Gonzalez.

I like putting Johnson and Jozy up top in the 4-4-2. But then the question becomes who do you play as midfielders / wingers? Do you put Donovan centrally behind the strikers or out on a wing? Same question with Dempsey.

Personally, Diskerud has some flair but got muscled off the ball far too easily. Hopefully a learning experience for him. Johannson was like lightning out there. Looks very talented.

Brooks was OK - good athleticism and some skill with the ball at his feet, but was way too unreliable for a center back. Too much ball watching. He's got a long way to go to beat out Besler or Gonzalez.

I think the best fit would to be a 4-3-1-2. Put Dempsey behind Jozy/EJ, put Landon/Fabian J on the wings, Bradley in the Middle followed by Besler and Gonzalez or Cameron. Where I am not sure is at LB/RB.

I think the best fit would to be a 4-3-1-2. Put Dempsey behind Jozy/EJ, put Landon/Fabian J on the wings, Bradley in the Middle followed by Besler and Gonzalez or Cameron. Where I am not sure is at LB/RB.
That's a solid lineup and I particularly like that it excludes Jermaine Jones. If the Iceland kid is what I think he is then he would make a great alternative to EJ up front.

I like Parkhurst and Beasley on the back.

Done with the USMNT. On the outs with Jurgen, who seems to think Boca's too old and it's best to move forward.

That article I linked doesn't leave me with the impression he'll be capping again. I thought he was good, hope he continues to do well in MLS.

That's a solid lineup and I particularly like that it excludes Jermaine Jones. If the Iceland kid is what I think he is then he would make a great alternative to EJ up front.

I like Parkhurst and Beasley on the back.

I am with you here for the wing backs. I like Beasley working in tandem out wide and he has been solid and consistant. Parkhurst has also held his own very well. Now in regards to subs - how many can JK bring with him to Brazil? I certainly want to see Zusi on that list. Also I would be fine with Brooks supplanting Jones as a backup CB.

I am with you here for the wing backs. I like Beasley working in tandem out wide and he has been solid and consistant. Parkhurst has also held his own very well. Now in regards to subs - how many can JK bring with him to Brazil? I certainly want to see Zusi on that list. Also I would be fine with Brooks supplanting Jones as a backup CB.
I think the WC allows a 23-man roster, 3 of whom must be goalkeepers. I don't know where to fit Zusi into the lineup, which is a good problem to have. Maybe the front three are Jozy, Deuce and Donovan with Zusi on the wing.

I think the WC allows a 23-man roster, 3 of whom must be goalkeepers. I don't know where to fit Zusi into the lineup, which is a good problem to have. Maybe the front three are Jozy, Deuce and Donovan with Zusi on the wing.

My bad i meant having Zusi as a super sub not in the first 11. But none-the-less it is definitely still a good problem to have. I do hope Johannsson gets a spot for sure. Would be funny if "bacon" caught on too.

Not enough defensive bite in that lineup. Bradley can't play as the only CM he's best when he bursts forward and arrives late in the box. No surprise yesterday he was so good because Jones had more defensive responsibilities. It's a nice problem to have so many attacking options with Jozy, EJ, Johannsson, Donovan, Dempsey, and Fab Johnson. Still, the team must balance offense with defense.

I would do this (4-1-3-2)

----Jozy-----Dempsey
Fab--Bradley---Donovan
-------Jones--------

Even the classic Brazilian 4-2-2-2 formation could work well.

http://www.football-lineups.com/tactic/4-2-2-2

At what point do we really say that this USMNT has a real shot to make waves in Brazil? There is a lot of talent here. I want to be realistic as well but it seems even amidst lineup changes, B teamers etc we have a really solid squad and good results. Brooks and Johannsson only add to the difficult decisions for JK as to who goes to Brazil.

If we can avoid the injury bug, we will field our best overall WC team in the last...oh...80 years. We are climbing the ladder, there is no doubt about it. We need to go prove it in Brazil, though.