US vs Bosnia & Herzegovina | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

US vs Bosnia & Herzegovina

Not enough defensive bite in that lineup. Bradley can't play as the only CM he's best when he bursts forward and arrives late in the box. No surprise yesterday he was so good because Jones had more defensive responsibilities. It's a nice problem to have so many attacking options with Jozy, EJ, Johannsson, Donovan, Dempsey, and Fab Johnson. Still, the team must balance offense with defense.

I would do this (4-1-3-2)

----Jozy-----Dempsey
Fab--Bradley---Donovan
-------Jones--------

Even the classic Brazilian 4-2-2-2 formation could work well.

http://www.football-lineups.com/tactic/4-2-2-2

For once you have a lot of lineup choices that can move around dependent upon who we are up against. In certain matchups an attack heavy group may work better

apparently Aron Johannsson is being called "Bacon"

1173854_10151746751013941_929681729_n.jpg

looks like...
images

Sorry, I posted this in another thread. Great interview with "The Baconater".

http://syracusefan.com/threads/usmnt-the-iceman-cometh.55758/

I think the best fit would to be a 4-3-1-2. Put Dempsey behind Jozy/EJ, put Landon/Fabian J on the wings, Bradley in the Middle followed by Besler and Gonzalez or Cameron. Where I am not sure is at LB/RB.

That's a pretty good lineup. I'm not crazy about our fullbacks, either. I kind of like DeMarcus Beasley best out of any of the left backs. Beasley is like a poor man's Ashley Cole. On the right, I like Parkhurst's defense - not saying he's world class, but he's not as likely to completely have a brain fart out there as a few of these guys are.

I think if you can get Bedoya or Corona to start from farther back, they might also be possibilities. I also like dreadlocks guy as Bradley's sub as defensive / box-to-box mid. Beckerman. I really like him. I know he's a bit limited, but he's savvy and he sticks his nose in there. He gives us a little bite in defense.

That's a solid lineup and I particularly like that it excludes Jermaine Jones. If the Iceland kid is what I think he is then he would make a great alternative to EJ up front.

I like Parkhurst and Beasley on the back.

EJ needs to be decisive and he just gave away that early goal opportunity, but putting both him and Jozy up front gives us a ton of athleticism - enough to scare many central defenders, and they seemed to play well off of each other.

That's a pretty good lineup. I'm not crazy about our fullbacks, either. I kind of like DeMarcus Beasley best out of any of the left backs. Beasley is like a poor man's Ashley Cole. On the right, I like Parkhurst's defense - not saying he's world class, but he's not as likely to completely have a brain fart out there as a few of these guys are.

I think if you can get Bedoya or Corona to start from farther back, they might also be possibilities. I also like dreadlocks guy as Bradley's sub as defensive / box-to-box mid. Beckerman. I really like him. I know he's a bit limited, but he's savvy and he sticks his nose in there. He gives us a little bite in defense.

i like the beasley comparison- also i am with you on beckerman- i think he is valuable and honestly his downside isnt all that different from jermaine's. one thing that does worry me is that all this attacking success will be harder to come by in brazil so we need to be tight enough in the back not to concede early. Against bosnia and belgium we conceded very early.

If Jozy can keep playing at this level USA could be a very tough team to deal with in Brazil. Very encouraged that he got the full 90 in week 1, even if he didn't get a goal.