USA wins Aztec Bowl | Syracusefan.com

USA wins Aztec Bowl

Jerry Fairchild

Walk On
The USA defeats Mexico 49-26 in a game in which we had 5 TD's called back too..LOL

Here is a picture of Trey and I on the sideline with the sweet taste of Victory..

167445_4572159895506_1721554691_n.jpg

The USA defeats Mexico 49-16 in a game in which we had 5 TD's called back too..LOL

Here is a picture of Trey and I on the sideline with the sweet taste of Victory..

167445_4572159895506_1721554691_n.jpg
Congrats! Hope it was a great experience for both you and Trey. Keep us posted with any developments.

Awesome glad you could make it. Keep us posted on his post bowl game football activities...we are all pulling for him to make a roster.

Aztec Bowl Victory Article_n.jpg

Written by Adam Prescott

12/19/2012 5:41:00 PM
WESTERVILLE, Ohio – Otterbein University senior wideout Trey Fairchild helped Team USA play to a 49-26 victory in the 2012 Aztec Bowl, held Dec. 14 in Monterrey, Mexico.

The U.S. team, consisting of players from NCAA Division II and III, and NAIA, topped the Mexico All-Stars in front of a crowd of 25,000 at Call Volcano Stadium. A handful of Arena League and other semi-professional players also competed in the event.

“It was one of the best experiences in my life so far,” Fairchild said. “I’m not used to playing in front of that many people, but the fact that I could compete with and against those players really helps my confidence moving forward.”

Fairchild hauled in three passes for 50 yards in the contest, although no official statistics were kept.

“I want to thank all of the people who donated money and helped make this experience possible,” Fairchild added. “Without the support, I wouldn’t have been able to make the trip and proudly wear an Otterbein helmet one last time.”

Fairchild, only needing to complete a final practicum research paper to graduate, will soon move to Michigan and begin training for an NFL Regional Combine in February. If that goes well, an invite to a Super Regional Combine would be next.

“Coming to Otterbein was one of the best decisions I’ve made,” Fairchild said. “It’s allowed me to do so many things, with this trip being a perfect example. The life lessons I’ve learned at Otterbein are ones that I’ll always carry with me.”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom