usc - anybody else notice the early shotgun? | Syracusefan.com

usc - anybody else notice the early shotgun?

Timonen

All Conference
seemed like we played a bunch of shotgun in the first quarter and had really nice success...and then it stopped.

on the one hand, i like that we seem to have it in place. on the other hand, i'm hoping it wasn't shelved for some reason.

We did a lot of things early that we didn't do after that, like the screen to Bailey. I'm not sure about Hackett as a play-caller. And did the wildcat go out with Spence?

We did a lot of things early that we didn't do after that, like the screen to Bailey. I'm not sure about Hackett as a play-caller. And did the wildcat go out with Spence?
Yes, I heard Hackett on the radio last week basically saying they don't use the wildcat package any more.

Yes, I heard Hackett on the radio last week basically saying they don't use the wildcat package any more.
i miss spence...

not sure since we were still using shotgun well after the first quarter. could also be we wanted the play action to work better to help the pass protect. Do people think the coaches dont watch the game and see how the D reacts. perhaps USC adjusted to take away some stuff.

seemed like we played a bunch of shotgun in the first quarter and had really nice success...and then it stopped.

on the one hand, i like that we seem to have it in place. on the other hand, i'm hoping it wasn't shelved for some reason.
Was that shotgun or the pistol?

not sure since we were still using shotgun well after the first quarter. could also be we wanted the play action to work better to help the pass protect. Do people think the coaches dont watch the game and see how the D reacts. perhaps USC adjusted to take away some stuff.

Yeah, I was thinking that too. All in all I don't have many complaints. We got beat by a more talented team. Hopefully we can build off of it and play well the rest of the season. If we could get a run game going, we could bring those safeties into the box and have the deep ball available a bit more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom