USC assistant coach resigns | Syracusefan.com

USC assistant coach resigns

Personally, I wish nothing good to the USC Trojans. I cannot stomach seeing or hearing Lane Kiffen. Ole' Al had it right with him. To me he is Calapari lite brew.

I know this is rather minor, but we need all of the chips to fall our way for that game.

Sry Rocco. Your post was very liget. By no means was I trying to complain about it being posted just how much I dislike Kiffen. I appreciate the link!;)

Am I the only one who thinks USC is not nearly as good as we're giving them credit for? I think everyone is afraid of their name and reputation. Frankly a school predicted to win the MAC, Toledo, makes me much more nervous. In a pool I'm running I picked a win over USC and a trap loss to Toledo. I can't remember which writer said it, Rahme maybe, but Toledo is a classic trap game. Am I wrong in my thinking?

They're damn good.

Lane could, in the not-too-distant future, become the single most hated person in sports.

He's already a dick, and despised by college football country, but he would have to be wildly successful too. Not out of anyone's grasp at USC.

LK was really held back by ol' Al, since everything has to go through him. He had a pretty crappy NFL team playing pretty damn hard every week.

Am I the only one who thinks USC is not nearly as good as we're giving them credit for? I think everyone is afraid of their name and reputation. Frankly a school predicted to win the MAC, Toledo, makes me much more nervous. In a pool I'm running I picked a win over USC and a trap loss to Toledo. I can't remember which writer said it, Rahme maybe, but Toledo is a classic trap game. Am I wrong in my thinking?

Yes, but good try ;) I of course am biased being a Trojan alum.

They aren't as deep as they once were, that is a given. Does that mean they're not as good as they have been recently? Not a chance. If we win against USC, it will be because of flawless execution. We need to win the turnover battle and there is no room for error.

They aren't as deep as they once were, that is a given. Does that mean they're not as good as they have been recently? Not a chance. If we win against USC, it will be because of flawless execution. We need to win the turnover battle and there is no room for error.
I can't disagree with this, and I will add that SU needs to come out with guns blazing offensively because I just don't see our D able to compete with the USC offense. If we come out early and lay an egg, no way we have a chance to come back in that environment.

I can't disagree with this, and I will add that SU needs to come out with guns blazing offensively because I just don't see our D able to compete with the USC offense. If we come out early and lay an egg, no way we have a chance to come back in that environment.

I agree, I fear their offense more than anything. I just hope we don't look like SMU did after they came off the death penalty when they played Notre Dame. Our guys heads coming up to the USC player's chests, lol!

USC, I believe, appealed the sanctions and will not be affected by the reduction in scholarships until this recruiting class. I know some players left, but I don't expect them to have huge depth concerns for our game this season. I would even say they are still deeper than us.

I don't think they are unbeatable, but Barkley against our secondary should be intereting to say the least. Especially after we were just picked apart by Tanner Price. I agree with the notion that we have to be aggressive, both offensively and defensively. Blitz like crazy and take chances downfield. With a couple of breaks we could walk away with another W.

I don't think they are unbeatable, but Barkley against our secondary should be intereting to say the least. Especially after we were just picked apart by Tanner Price. .

This is going to be amazing. Plus, if Price had all day to throw, imagine what USC will be able to provide Barkley. Hopefully, the teams plays like they did in the 4th quarter the whole game.

USC went 9-4 in 2009 and 8-5 in 2010. USC is ranked #25 this year, not even close to the top 10. Lane Kiffin is not Pete Carroll. Reggie Bush and Mark Sanchez are not putting on uniforms. USC is a more talented team and should be favored in the game, especially since it is in LA. However, this is not the Christians vs the Lions in the Roman Coliseum. This is a Douge Marrone coached team vs a Lane Kiffin coached team in the LA Coliseum.

We can win this game!

Guys.. we just took Wake to OT to win.. not saying it's impossible, but it would take a near miracle to put it on USC away.