USC is a huge opportunity to build confidence | Syracusefan.com

USC is a huge opportunity to build confidence

OttoinGrotto

2023-24 Iggy Award Most 3 Pointers Made
Don't get me wrong, I'm fully expecting us to get stomped.

Still, I want to see a lot of young guys getting run. Let's say Hale catches his first collegiate pass against the Trojans. He'd feel good about that. Morris runs for a first down after juking a USC lb - he knows he's for real. Ridiculously good looking Charlie Loeb gets some mop up duty, and seduces a song girl using his newfound sexual understanding of the quarterback position.

You get the idea. Let's give the young guys a chance to make something happen. They'll respond, and when they do, that's a confidence builder you can keep pointing to.

If we get stomped, as you fully expect (and most of us do), no one in that locker room should feel good, no matter their personal accomplishments. That's the mentality of a losing team. Let the coaches make them feel good about those things during film sessions later in the week.

I get what you're saying, but a team can't have that mentality if it wants to be successful.

If we get stomped, as you fully expect (and most of us do), no one in that locker room should feel good, no matter their personal accomplishments. That's the mentality of a losing team. Let the coaches make them feel good about those things during film sessions later in the week.

I get what you're saying, but a team can't have that mentality if it wants to be successful.
We're not in disagreement at all.

Confidence my @$$. It's a chance to get a great win over a very good team. Glad we're not playing Howard or East Bumfolk State.

Still, I want to see a lot of young guys getting run. Let's say Hale catches his first collegiate pass against the Trojans. He'd feel good about that. Morris runs for a first down after juking a USC lb - he knows he's for real. Ridiculously good looking Charlie Loeb gets some mop up duty, and seduces a song girl using his newfound sexual understanding of the quarterback position.

This happening in the 4th quarter when we're up by 21 would be great for confidence

Don't get me wrong, I'm fully expecting us to get stomped.

You get the idea. Let's give the young guys a chance to make something happen. They'll respond, and when they do, that's a confidence builder you can keep pointing to.

I say win and claim ALL of the Song Girls! How's that for motivation?