USC looks good | Syracusefan.com

USC looks good

Lots of size / speed, very athletic. BIG group of receivers.

Hope we can make it competitive.

A huge test to our secondary. I hope we can keep it close into the 4th quarter. I would love to see LK's face if we won. That would be priceless.

dont we play minny @minny next yr?

They're scary big, and scary fast, at every position.

But teams take on the personality of their coaches, and LK is a mix of cocky, entitled, and plain ol' dumb.
(still think that's perfect for USC)

Wonder how USC would respond in a close game with a team they're supposed to smoke.

They're scary big, and scary fast, at every position.

But teams take on the personality of their coaches, and LK is a mix of cocky, entitled, and plain ol' dumb.
(still think that's perfect for USC)

Wonder how USC would respond in a close game with a team they're supposed to smoke.

You will find out in two weeks. Damn Straight..;)

There not that good!!!!! I think everyone is blInded from the letters USC!!! Not this guy!!!! Not at all!! I'm not saying we win but I will say it will be closer then people think!!!

USC has a lot of talent, but much of that talent is negated by having Lane Kiffen as head coach.

I'm not convinced. I don't know, think I'll stand by my comment from yesterday:

Am I the only one who thinks USC is not nearly as good as we're giving them credit for? I think everyone is afraid of their name and reputation. Frankly a school predicted to win the MAC, Toledo, makes me much more nervous. In a pool I'm running I picked a win over USC and a trap loss to Toledo. I can't remember which writer said it, Rahme maybe, but Toledo is a classic trap game. Am I wrong in my thinking?​

That one receiver is nasty, and Barkley is good, but their secondary is a disaster.

Unfortunately, so was ours Thursday. Could be a shootout.

That one receiver is nasty, and Barkley is good, but their secondary is a disaster.

Unfortunately, so was ours Thursday. Could be a shootout.

I am not worried about our secondary. We are fast and physical, and another game in between the opener and the Trojans will help. I think people are losing faith much too quickly, there is not a ton of experience back there, and the guys who are experienced were hurt during camp. Wake was allowed to hold A TON. Receivers made NFL catches. The defense had to stay on the field much longer than they should have ever been asked to. That's a lot to overcome, so not sure why the outcome was all that surprising. I think the fact they stepped up in big spots at the end was what matters most, and is most indicative of what we can come to expect from that unit in the future.

I am not worried about our secondary. We are fast and physical, and another game in between the opener and the Trojans will help. I think people are losing faith much too quickly, there is not a ton of experience back there, and the guys who are experienced were hurt during camp. Wake was allowed to hold A TON. Receivers made NFL catches. The defense had to stay on the field much longer than they should have ever been asked to. That's a lot to overcome, so not sure why the outcome was all that surprising. I think the fact they stepped up in big spots at the end was what matters most, and is most indicative of what we can come to expect from that unit in the future.
Great points...watched our game again on TWC (it's on tonight too at 6pm) and the 1st half was a total anomaly b/c of Wake's scheme surprises and home game distractions and jitters.
We now get a practice game to work out kinks and build depth while USC has tough game against Utah next week plus they may be looking past us as they have a conference game on the road against Arizona St the week after. Perfect trap game scenario.

How awesome would that be to go there and win?? I think it will be a great game!!

after seeing that game, I am encouraged by our chances against SC. They are a very athletic and tallented group however, their offense doesn't like pressure which our D will provide.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom