Usc/Osu | Syracusefan.com

Usc/Osu

Briancuse

Living Legend
You are allowed to show up Sc, perhaps we have overrated Darnold a bit.

He has not had a stellar season based on expectations, I am sure he will still get drafted very high but buyer beware

He forces some plays but the arm talent, quick release, and accuracy is phenomenal. OLine was an issue earlier in the season with injuries but they should be healthy now. OSU DLine is unreal and killing USC. Still, can’t throw that one INT.

Freaking Deontay Burnett putting it on the ground twice were killers. We were moving the ball fine.

I would take Ryan Finley over Darnold every day of the week.

Darnold makes throws Finley can never dream of.. Also makes decisions Finley doesnt think about. Darnold is like Favre, Finley is Like Flacco.

I'm not sure that there is a poster with more disdain for OSU than me. Not that there is any love in my heart for USC, either, but on that basis it was a brutal game to watch, from beginning to end.

I'm not sure that there is a poster with more disdain for OSU than me. Not that there is any love in my heart for USC, either, but on that basis it was a brutal game to watch, from beginning to end.

It was terrible. No flow. OSU offense did absolutely nothing. Lowest total everything by far for them for the season. Maybe in years. I was surprised how poorly the SC OLine played. They were supposed to be healthy now and I realize that the OSU DLine definitely had an advantage going in. Any flow SC had ended up in a Deontay Burnett fumble, a missed PI call, or a Darnold weird turnover. Still, Darnold, makes some throws you drool over. He needs to come back and clean up the other parts of his game like ball security especially, IMO.

It was one of the few non-playoff games I was looking forward to in this non-Syracuse, watered down, half the teams aren't being coached by the same person as the regular season, bowl season.

And it was a complete letdown.

Help me Penn State - Washington, you're my only hope. (maybe Miami-Wisconsin will surprise).

Darnold probably is over rated. Thats because we are all so eager to see the next great QB in the NFL. He has alot of the attributes needed to be successful. He had to carry this team despite the issues up front. He forced a lot of throws and had turnovers throughout the season but thats what good QB's do. He had a bad INT last night and I acknowlede that but he couldnt set his feet all game. There was 1 or 2 OSU D line in his face every snap. Bosa is the truth, # 6 , #67, #11. #2 came off the bench and he was the top 1 or 2 DE's coming out of HS last year. Their D line is great and they have DB's that are future 1st rounders. Collectively they had 8 sacks last night. Darnold didnt have the surrounding cast to over come that. Hopefully he will in the NFL. If he can avoid the Browns lol.

Darnold probably is over rated. Thats because we are all so eager to see the next great QB in the NFL. He has alot of the attributes needed to be successful. He had to carry this team despite the issues up front. He forced a lot of throws and had turnovers throughout the season but thats what good QB's do. He had a bad INT last night and I acknowlede that but he couldnt set his feet all game. There was 1 or 2 OSU D line in his face every snap. Bosa is the truth, # 6 , #67, #11. #2 came off the bench and he was the top 1 or 2 DE's coming out of HS last year. Their D line is great and they have DB's that are future 1st rounders. Collectively they had 8 sacks last night. Darnold didnt have the surrounding cast to over come that. Hopefully he will in the NFL. If he can avoid the Browns lol.

Yeah, the INT was bad but, for the most part, I thought he did what he could do. Wasn’t his fault the two balls Deontay Burnett put on the ground or the two TERRIBLE missed PIs. The pressure from them was consistently in his backfield like you said and only a Lamar Jackson type with elite escapability could’ve done any better, IMO. Some of those deep sideline throws were incredible.

Yeah, the INT was bad but, for the most part, I thought he did what he could do. Wasn’t his fault the two balls Deontay Burnett put on the ground or the two TERRIBLE missed PIs. The pressure from them was consistently in his backfield like you said and only a Lamar Jackson type with elite escapability could’ve done any better, IMO. Some of those deep sideline throws were incredible.
Good point on Jackson.

It was one of the few non-playoff games I was looking forward to in this non-Syracuse, watered down, half the teams aren't being coached by the same person as the regular season, bowl season.

And it was a complete letdown.

Help me Penn State - Washington, you're my only hope. (maybe Miami-Wisconsin will surprise).

Can the bowl games survive with the playoff, coaches who leave, players who refuse to play because they might get injured, along with the tradtional low ratings and small crowds?

During the highly anticipated selection show this year where the committee named the final 4 it probably didn't help matters much that both Rece Davis and Booger claimed that in the era of the CFP bowl games no longer matter. Crazy stance to take especially given that bowl games do matter for any number of reasons.

Can the bowl games survive with the playoff, coaches who leave, players who refuse to play because they might get injured, along with the tradtional low ratings and small crowds?

That's what I've been wondering. If there's enough money flowing, sure. We don't see the economics of it. But it's hard to believe that all parties involved are making money. And I doubt the economies of some of these cities are getting much of a boom with such low crowds.

The factors you mentioned are building up, what comes next? First was the addition of so many more bowls. Then the playoffs which took the power out of everything else. Then the combo of so many coaching changes, and this new wave of players not wanting to risk injury.

If the NCAA ever allows 15 extra practices regardless of making a bowl, that might be the final dagger, who knows.

But again, if money is being made, then nothing changes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom