USF once again showing they have zero heart last | Syracusefan.com

USF once again showing they have zero heart last

IthacaBarrel

Shaky Potatoes
night, classic bully team, punch them in the mouth, get to Daniels a bit and watch them fold. They flat out quit in that game last night. Same old Same old. Daniels could be the most overrated QB ever as well. No leaders on that team, just a bunch of fast Florida athletes who can compete with anyone if they get the upperhand early. Until last night, most people were righting the USF game off as a loss for SU...

How good are the two Grahams for Pitt, The TE and the RB, wow. Pitt is taking on a jekyl and hyde type personality but Wannny left the cupboards stopped. We missed out on Hubie twice

night, classic bully team, punch them in the mouth, get to Daniels a bit and watch them fold. They flat out quit in that game last night. Same old Same old. Daniels could be the most overrated QB ever as well. No leaders on that team, just a bunch of fast Florida athletes who can compete with anyone if they get the upperhand early. Until last night, most people were righting the USF game off as a loss for SU...

How good are the two Grahams for Pitt, The TE and the RB, wow. Pitt is taking on a jekyl and hyde type personality but Wannny left the cupboards stopped. We missed out on Hubie twice
Pitt WVU is going to be awesome this year. Contrasting styles, both pretty good. Pitt's 2 losses are by 7 pts to iowa and ND. they're good. often they're a little like SU used to be, can't get through September unscathed but then roll through October under the radar and before you know it they're at the top of the conference

They should have had the ND game. That one's gotta hurt. Put 'em on the ropes but never knocked them out.

Really liked the systems that Pitt is putting in place.. Love their O, having two solid TE's and a running back like Graham as well. He is just fun to watch, their O Line is ridiculous as well... Pitt just overpowered those guys. D

Yeah - PITT looked good last night and that Graham is a hell of a back.

USF... They have talent but really wasn't impressed with their execution nor Skippy's ability to make effective adjustments...

And Daniels... guy is talented as well but if you get pressure on him, he's still the same old Daniels... hucking balls around off-target and off-time...

Yeah - PITT looked good last night and that Graham is a hell of a back.

USF... They have talent but really wasn't impressed with their execution nor Skippy's ability to make effective adjustments...

And Daniels... guy is talented as well but if you get pressure on him, he's still the same old Daniels... hucking balls around off-target and off-time...

Daniels reminds me of Donnie McNabb when McNabb was having a really really bad game. His accuracy is attrocious. Problem is Daniels good days are nowehere near as good as Donnie's

Pitt should be undefeated at this point in the season. Gave two games away. I have to say, kudos to Pitt for playing a really tough OOC. Two teams I'd never want to face in the future are Iowa and Utah. They're so good at what they do.

They should have had the ND game. That one's gotta hurt. Put 'em on the ropes but never knocked them out.

Really should have had the Iowa game too. You don't see collapses like that all the time.

Dangerous team. Now if their fans would just notice. Glass house, I know. But that situation was bad too last night. 40k, and they don't have parking issues to complain about.

I go to all the PITT games (I'm a sadist, I know). This year's attendance has been worse than usual. What most don't understand (and I admit that I wasn't fully aware either) is the tremendous rift that occurred when PITT got rid of Wannstedt. There was always a humongous contingent of fans who hate Steve Pederson for reasons too many to list here. Then, the way he went about getting rid of DW, the hiring of Haywood, then having to fire Haywood, then hiring Graham (he doesn't play SMASHMOUTH FOOTBALL 'n AT!!!) really tweaked this contingency of fans and it has hurt. Many of these people are big time donors and boosters who have (had) dozens of seats.

If Todd Graham can win football games all will be forgiven. I don't think Graham quite understood the challenges associated with coming into this job and I've gotten the feeling over the past couple weeks he has realized the enormous pressure he is under. Getting into the ACC is going to help but make no mistake that had that not occurred and if Graham failed at PITT, this program would fall to depths not seen since the early '90's.

I go to all the PITT games (I'm a sadist, I know). This year's attendance has been worse than usual. What most don't understand (and I admit that I wasn't fully aware either) is the tremendous rift that occurred when PITT got rid of Wannstedt. There was always a humongous contingent of fans who hate Steve Pederson for reasons too many to list here. Then, the way he went about getting rid of DW, the hiring of Haywood, then having to fire Haywood, then hiring Graham (he doesn't play SMASHMOUTH FOOTBALL 'n AT!!!) really tweaked this contingency of fans and it has hurt. Many of these people are big time donors and boosters who have (had) dozens of seats.

If Todd Graham can win football games all will be forgiven. I don't think Graham quite understood the challenges associated with coming into this job and I've gotten the feeling over the past couple weeks he has realized the enormous pressure he is under. Getting into the ACC is going to help but make no mistake that had that not occurred and if Graham failed at PITT, this program would fall to depths not seen since the early '90's.

PITT now scares the crap out of everyone in the BE, and if anyone besides SU takes it, hope its you guys.

Wondering if with the ACC windfall, there's any talk of building a cozy new stadium. Probably been discussed ad nauseum on your board.

PITT now scares the crap out of everyone in the BE, and if anyone besides SU takes it, hope its you guys.

Wondering if with the ACC windfall, there's any talk of building a cozy new stadium. Probably been discussed ad nauseum on your board.

Mention "On-Campus Stadium" on our site and it will turn into a 20 page fist fight within minutes. This is one of the bones of contention for why people revile Steve Pederson. Pederson oversaw the demolition of PITT Stadium and the move to Heinz Field in 2001. There are two sides to this story. One, there is no space in Oakland (where the campus is located) for a stadium. Parking is non-existent in Oakland. There is a one-way street in and one-way street out of Oakland so when 50,000 people are trying to access/egress the area, it is a nightmare. Even during basketball games where there are 12,500 people, there is horrific gridlock. However, the students need to board buses before and after the game and travel to/from Heinz Field (maybe a 3 mile trip), which is a pain for them.

I have had tickets at both locations and I can say that Heinz Field has been such an upgrade with regard to all of the issues listed above and also has been used as a tremendous recruiting tool. Often, other schools will poke fun at the fact that we play in a "rent-a-stadium", but when reading the comments of the recruits who are on visits they are in awe of Heinz Field and the facilities. Playing in a professional stadium has been a major plus (PITT Stadium was a dump).

The bottom line is that there were no more people going to games at PITT Stadium as there are currently at Heinz Field. In fact, PITT's record attendance has been achieved while playing at Heinz Field. People who claim to remember strings of sellout games at PITT Stadium are romanticising times that didn't exist. People who claim a difference in atmosphere at these games is doing the same. There is no doubt that Heinz Field is too big for our standard base of "hard-core" fans, and the yellow seats really drive that point home when they aren't all sold. However, there is also no doubt that Heinz Field is a great place for PITT to play football.

There have been rumors that when PITT's lease is up at Heinz Field, there are plans in place for an on-campus stadium but I'm not certain about that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom