Ut oh...Grant out of the 1st round? Ennis to the T'wolves | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Ut oh...Grant out of the 1st round? Ennis to the T'wolves

So going in the 2nd round, no guaranteed money, possibly going to the d league is better than coming back to syracuse for a year? Is he going to forget how to play the game?
OK, let's do it like this - suppose we're playing Black Jack. You have 17. You hit, and get the four of diamonds. Did you make the right decision?

Suppose I have an ace. I hit, and get the 5 of clubs. Did I make the wrong decision?

OttoinGrotto said:
OK, let's do it like this - suppose we're playing Black Jack. You have 17. You hit, and get the four of diamonds. Did you make the right decision?

Suppose I have an ace. I hit, and get the 5 of clubs. Did I make the wrong decision?

Right analogy, wrong premise. By declaring this year, he split nines in the anchor chair. Could he draw an ace or face? Sure. But it would have been wiser to keep the nines, not press the situation.

As I posted when he declared, he is likely a 2nd rounder who may get lucky and land in guaranteed money. He doesn't possess a single NBA skill other than athleticism and potential.

Right analogy, wrong premise. By declaring this year, he split nines in the anchor chair. Could he draw an ace or face? Sure. But it would have been wiser to keep the nines, not press the situation.
That is the right argument against what I'm saying. Seeing where he gets selected and judging if he should have left is not.

FWIW(zilch), I think he is a 1st round talent and will be a mid to late 1st round pick.

As I posted when he declared, he is likely a 2nd rounder who may get lucky and land in guaranteed money. He doesn't possess a single NBA skill other than athleticism and potential.
And strong bloodlines.

And strong bloodlines.
How much does that really mean? Patrick Ewing Jr. Micheal Jordan's kids etc. etc. If he learns to dribble and shoot, he'll be fine. If not, we'll be reading about him overseas. At this point, he's Hakim Warrick with fewer skills than Warrick at the same stage.

How much does that really mean? Patrick Ewing Jr. Micheal Jordan's kids etc. etc. If he learns to dribble and shoot, he'll be fine. If not, we'll be reading about him overseas. At this point, he's Hakim Warrick with fewer skills than Warrick at the same stage.
Doesn't mean much, I just don't get the chance to use the word "bloodlines" very often.

I wouldn't totally dismiss bloodlines, though, lotta NBA players whose old men had game, too -- Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, Mike Dunleavy Jr., Kobe Bryant, Tim Hardaway Jr., Mike Bibby, Jon and Brent Barry, Kevin Love, Kiki Vandeweghe, Luke Walton, Danny Schayes, and then some.