Utica Pioneers #22 at Cortland Red Dragons #17 10/7/23 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Utica Pioneers #22 at Cortland Red Dragons #17 10/7/23

It does suck being a fan of both reams. I do think it is possible that the winner of UU/Brockport could still make the playoffs.

Whenever I'm a fan of both teams , I root for the team that can least afford to lose - and they always lose. :(

I don’t think Brockport’s as strong as Cortland, but they are strong. Particularly on defense.

I think it’s a closer game for sure, tough to handicap, but I’ve got Brockport here.

Rain comes in, who knows what happens.

And looking at that screenshot of the halftime stats from the Utica/Cortland matchup made me feel very sad about last night lol. Eerily similar.
Brockport has only one loss, to the same team that beat Cortland, #11 Susquehanna. I watched the game (I played 1963-1967) and Brockport led until the last minute or so, and lost 6-5 on a field goal. Susquehanna beat Cortland 38-35 and remains undefeated. I'll be watching the game Saturday too, but the best game will be Brockport at Cortland 11/4 at noon.

Brockport has been pretty good for a while now. They made it to the final 4 in 2017. You should be able to see both Utica and Cortland games by clicking on V: Brockport football schedule and results

Brockport has only one loss, to the same team that beat Cortland, #11 Susquehanna. I watched the game (I played 1963-1967) and Brockport led until the last minute or so, and lost 6-5 on a field goal. Susquehanna beat Cortland 38-35 and remains undefeated. I'll be watching the game Saturday too, but the best game will be Brockport at Cortland 11/4 at noon.

Brockport has been pretty good for a while now. They made it to the final 4 in 2017. You should be able to see both Utica and Cortland games by clicking on V: Brockport football schedule and results
Yes sir… I played with coaches on both staffs. Very well run programs. It should be a great battle.