UVA had 4 transfers last year | Syracusefan.com

UVA had 4 transfers last year

Actually it was 3 transfers and Perrantes graduating. Nichols had been kicked off the team mid-season, and Thompson and Shayok realized they would get fewer minutes because of Hunter, Johnson, and Anthony. I don’t know how that lines up with SU’s situation.

UVA lost their best athlete and one of the best players on the team right before the Tourney. They won the ACC Tournament and cruised through it for god’s sake. VERY good season.
No one’s going to remember that team for what they did during the regular season.

Plenty will who understand the grand scheme of things.
giphy.gif

UVA's situation is nothing like ours. They had good players transfer because they knew they couldn't hold off the even better players behind them. We have a bad player transferring and a potentially great player going straight to the G-League.

Our Hunter, Johnson and Anthony are unclaimed scholly #1, unclaimed scholly #2 and unclaimed scholly #3.

Both good and bad.

17 wins in ACC (never been done before)
9-0 road record in ACC (never been done before)
Unranked to #1 team in the nation (done once before)
Regular season and tourney champs (not historic but still impressive)
Lost by 20 as a 1-seed to a 16-seed (never been done before)

Bottom part is all that matters. The Bennett era at UVA is defined by UMBC and Malachi Richardson that is all anyone cares about.

Both good and bad.

17 wins in ACC (never been done before)
9-0 road record in ACC (never been done before)
Unranked to #1 team in the nation (done once before)
Regular season and tourney champs (not historic but still impressive)
Lost by 20 as a 1-seed to a 16-seed (never been done before)

The last one will sting for awhile, and most here can sympathize. It's like our Richmond loss and Onuwaku's injury season gift wrapped together. Sucks, but UVA will get past it. Hey, look at the bright side. Puke still lost with all those first rounders...again.

Is it bad that I wish the Plagues of Egypt on UNC?

They'll be remembered forever... as the only #1 seed to lose... their regular season will only serve as further evidence to the obsurdity of it.

They'll be remembered forever... as the only #1 seed to lose... their regular season will only serve as further evidence to the obsurdity of it.

And its not like they lost on a last second banked in buzzer beater. UMBC thoroughly dismantled them.

That was a great night thoroughly enjoyed seeing that on the other TVs as we took down Dixon.

And its not like they lost on a last second banked in buzzer beater. UMBC thoroughly dismantled them.

That was a great night thoroughly enjoyed seeing that on the other TVs as we took down Dixon.
They got rocked.

Bottom part is all that matters. The Bennett era at UVA is defined by UMBC and Malachi Richardson that is all anyone cares about.

That's fine if that's what anyone outside of UVA cares about. That's not all I care about. If I only focused on the negatives regarding UVA, I would have ceased being a UVA fan a long time ago.

My guess is that Cuse fans don't want to be judged solely on their rock bottom either.

The last one will sting for awhile, and most here can sympathize. It's like our Richmond loss and Onuwaku's injury season gift wrapped together. Sucks, but UVA will get past it. Hey, look at the bright side. Puke still lost with all those first rounders...again.

Is it bad that I wish the Plagues of Egypt on UNC?

Only if you dont wish them upon Duke as well.

That's fine if that's what anyone outside of UVA cares about. That's not all I care about. If I only focused on the negatives regarding UVA, I would have ceased being a UVA fan a long time ago.

My guess is that Cuse fans don't want to be judged solely on their rock bottom either.

We can relate to you brother. I'm glad to have you on here.

Sorry not trying to be mean JB might win another title before he hangs em up yet not beat Tony Bennett again. I know there is going to be a game vs yall where we are ranked top 5/10 next couple years and 35k Syracuse fans brave a snowstorm on a Saturday to pack the Dome and we lose something like 59-41 in the most boring game ever. You guys are a very tough matchup for us.

We can't make the friggen tournament without seeing top ACC teams both our last 2 runs ended to UNC and Duke (your road to San Antonio went through KSU without their star player and Loyola) and in football we never get to play our Big East rivals Miami and VT or the basketball schools. Pick new colors or switch spots so we can be in the Atlantic for football if you want us to not make fun of you.

Only if you dont wish them upon Duke as well.

Wishing bad things for UNC and Duke is like asking Santa to bring you a Ferrari.

But the good news is horrible things have happened to the other ACC schools who beat us a lot. Pitt dropped mens basketball, Pitino got fired, and UVA lost to a 16 seed. Obviously something bad happened to us as well couldn't even enjoy the sweet 16 run for a week but its not all doom and gloom;).

Wishing bad things for UNC and Duke is like asking Santa to bring you a Ferrari.

But the good news is horrible things have happened to the other ACC schools who beat us a lot. Pitt dropped mens basketball, Pitino got fired, and UVA lost to a 16 seed. Obviously something bad happened to us as well couldn't even enjoy the sweet 16 run for a week but its not all doom and gloom;).

lol I hear you my friend, but I'm tired of aiming low. I long for the day when UNC and Duke can be schools who have a lesser basketball program than us. Can you imagine our time in the Big East if Georgetown was always better than us, minus a big upset here and there? Back toward the end of my heyday on here(RIP) I did have a pretty infamous("I am not gay") thread with a classic scene from "Bad Santa" in it, so maybe we need Bad Santa to bring us that Ferrari! (In the meantime, maybe we can ask for at least one dominant big, or 2 nice bigs like they often have, or our better teams used to have?)

Last edited: