uva won that game despite Bennett's coaching in final 5 minutes | Syracusefan.com

uva won that game despite Bennett's coaching in final 5 minutes

If Virginia had gone down I would have posted two words (unrelated to coaching): free throws.

Instead I post two words: free throws!

Did anyone have any doubt that Guy would hit all 3?

He sure bailed out Bennet and the team.

He tried to play even slower and burn clock without one of his best players in there. Backfired on him with crap shots not going in.

I understand the reasoning behind it, but I still hate it. Most points wins, keep trying to score.

his coaching is what imbued this team with the composure to win in the first place
srsly?
they were a collective deer in headlights once again, just like our game against them 3 yrs ago, and he was over there doing absolutely nothing. they had NO business winning that game and only did so out of sheer luck

srsly?
they were a collective deer in headlights once again, just like our game against them 3 yrs ago, and he was over there doing absolutely nothing. they had NO business winning that game and only did so out of sheer luck
ok, coach.

um, ok
:confused:

they were up 10 w 5 minutes to go - it was (another) epic collapse that he, again, did nothing to stop or change
except not panic and, you know, win

under 4 to play you play jerome with 4. not that jerome was making great decisions mind you.

under 4 to play you play jerome with 4. not that jerome was making great decisions mind you.
He had that 4th on a frustration foul n was jawing right at the refs after. I can see taking him out to calm him down but he should have put him back in immediately. I agree he did nothing that last 4 mins, def should have used a TO to stop that run. He got very lucky guy bailed them out.

Taking out Jerome was the move that allowed Auburn to get back into the game. I’ll give him credit for his guys never panicking. They always play composed. Still should have had Jerome in there. No reason for him to come out with only 4 and change left. At least get him back in immediately like previously said.

He had that 4th on a frustration foul n was jawing right at the refs after. I can see taking him out to calm him down but he should have put him back in immediately. I agree he did nothing that last 4 mins, def should have used a TO to stop that run. He got very lucky guy bailed them out.

The refs bailed them out more than Guy did.

Yeah. Questionable coaching to end that one. I understand that Jerome has 4, but you gotta ride him that late. Almost and epic collapse that could have saddled Bennett with a legacy he doesn’t want.
I agree .. Got to keep Ty Jerome in the game in that senario. Almost cost UVA the game.

lol
I'll take my best player out and call no timeouts and I hope we somehow win this = "not panic"

Oddly, after Jerome was back in, two straight possessions in the last minute and a half or so, UVA/Jerome just basically held the ball and then Jerome twice hoisted a long desperation type 3 as the shot clock winded down. I couldn't believe with those 2 TO's left, and at such critical possession(s) to get a bucket, that Bennett didn't call a TO to draw up something better. No doubt UVA was fortunate to get the W, if the game played out differently, likely this would've been discussed, and probably emotionally at that, among the UVA faithful. Very peculiar IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom