UW Is Better On Defense Than Us | Syracusefan.com

UW Is Better On Defense Than Us

NYCorange

2nd String
According to KenPom.

Just think that's interesting because I for one assumed that Hop was more of an offensive coach and JB was more of the defensive mastermind.

Also, Hop is doing it with mostly players he didn't recruit for the zone, although Thybulle seems like he was born to play up top.

According to KenPom.

Just think that's interesting because I for one assumed that Hop was more of an offensive coach and JB was more of the defensive mastermind.

Also, Hop is doing it with mostly players he didn't recruit for the zone, although Thybulle seems like he was born to play up top.

Does that take level of competition into account?

Based on what happens when we play Pac-12 teams in the tournament, I feel like we could stifle those teams too.

Does that take level of competition into account?

Based on what happens when we play Pac-12 teams in the tournament, I feel like we could stifle those teams too.

They did better against Va Tech than we did. Thoughts?

They did better against Va Tech than we did. Thoughts?

Played them on a neutral court with 5 days to prepare.

We played them away with 1 day to prepare(while VT had 5).

They have best defender in college bball who averaged 3.3 steals and 2 blocks. That is insane.

Played them on a neutral court with 5 days to prepare.

We played them away with 1 day to prepare(while VT had 5).

I've watched every Syracuse game and every Washington game. Their defense is far more active with less talented players with a coach who implemented a totally new system to a single digit win team and now dominates.

Hop has the defense playing great, and that is without a real shot blocker at center. Also the PG Crisp is small and not ideal for the top of the zone. As a UW fan, can’t wait to see what the defense looks like once Hop gets all his players into the program. But most likely we won’t see another defensive player like Thybulle.

According to KenPom.

It couldn't have anything to do with the teams we are playing. Nah

While I'm happy for Hop, I still have faith JB may get at least one more highly seeded team into the tournament while he is here. I'm not betting money on it like I did against BC today(nailbiter), though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom