Va Tech and NCAAT Perspective | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Va Tech and NCAAT Perspective

Winning every game from here on out except ACC Championship will not do it.Only path is to win the ACC Tournament. Sad but true.

OK thanks Karim.

The bad thing I suppose is that we will never actually have the discussion on why I was l possibly right, because this team is not winning 6 games in a row anytime soon.

Last edited:
Va Tech: 16-11 (64 NET)
SU: 16-11 (101 NET)

H2H: Split

With a win tonight against Miami, whom they are 2.5 point favorites against, Va. Tech would have wins against:

UVA (16)
Duke (29)
Miami (31)
Oklahoma State (42)
North Carolina (48)
Pitt (50)
Penn State (58)
Dayton (74)

Bad Losses:

Boston College (184 x 2)
GA Tech (208)

Va Tech is not currently in the NCAAT conversation.
Syracuse is not in current contention for a bid but your putting us vs Va tech all on Quad 1 & Quad 2 victories.. Thats a big one but Va tech has more bad losses, they are 6-11 in the ACC and are 1-8 on the road with a win @ Notre Dame. If Cuse won the next 2 road games I think they would surpass Vatech.. lol but both would still be out

I don’t care what VT’s NET is, they are 6-11 in the conference. That in itself totally disqualifies them from being anywhere near the bubble. The problem with the NET is it’s all based on the preseason. If your conference is full of teams with good NET scores, no matter what you do in conference your score is not going to drop much. With todays portal and if you have a young team, your chances of playing great in November is unlikely. The eye test and how you’re playing in February is important. UCONN is a perfect example. They are still living off their early success. They don’t look anything like the team they were in November. Their losses keep piling up and they hardly move in the national rankings.
UConn boatraced top 20 teams Marquette and Providence by 15+ in their last 4 games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom