Va Tech Game Thread | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Va Tech Game Thread

We need a player who can drive to the rim better than Gillon. Battle needs to step up and play better.
Gillon needs to either pull up or pass when he drives. Way to short and weak to score at the rim

We need a player who can drive to the rim better than Gillon. Battle needs to step up and play better.
Nah, Battle has played fairly good overall. We need Roberson to play like he has and Lydon to score 14+. Neither happened tonight, against a bad defensive team.

Big time disappointment. Totally stealable game like Digger said above. Gillon and Lydon mostly no shows. Gillon sometimes refuses to playdownill. Howard was so bad. Wastes good performances by the freshmen. Defense was too erratic.

AW still trying to show the scouts he can shoot off the dribble!!!!

And Frank doing whatever he wants! Looks like he's trying to get cut from the team or something!!!

Frank looked discouraged. But in terms of recruiting, there is no one coming in to replace him as far as I know.

AW still trying to show the scouts he can shoot off the dribble!!!!

And Frank doing whatever he wants! Looks like he's trying to get cut from the team or something!!!

It was like a weird role reversal in the first half. Gillon came out playing like absolute crap, Howard actually played somewhat sorta okay.

Howard off course goes to town in the second half to prove he's even worse than he seemed when he was god-awful.

Gillon just sucked.

Lydon was nowhere...but the officials really let Va Tech beat him up a bit.

Lydon screwed up when they got the breakaway dunk against the press. JB finally sat him down. He's been awful in this game. His ankle might be sore, but his though process has been awful in this game. He's been totally out of it this game. Roby's been poor too. Gillon didn't show up tonight. JB's in Roberson's face about coming out flat on the road. He's not very happy and shouldn't be. Roby and Lydon are the reason we look bad tonight.

Why are we so horrible in drawing a charge...lack of a real big man coach?

Frank looked discouraged. But in terms of recruiting, there is no one coming in to replace him as far as I know.

Discouraged isn't the word. He looks like he doesn't care.

Will this be the first time we have ever lost to Va Tech in recent memory? I don't recall ever losing to them in the BE or ACC.

Can't think of losses but I remember absolutely stealing two games from them at the Dome in recent years though.

Thompson is so clueless. My goodness, no awareness on D.

As good as he was on offense, his defense was really bad today (and always). I'm not sure it balances out for us - even with the points. I'd rather have Roberson.

Gillon looked like he was just yelling at TT about something leaving the floor.

If Nevada can come back from 14 in 1:10 surely we can come back from 9 in 2:29, right?

That wasn't Thompson. That was White not getting back into position after the pass.
He had no clue he had someone behind him. Play the man closest to the basket, if they shoot a 3, so be it. Basketball 101, make them take the tougher shot.

If the roles were reversed and Tech got away with the forearm TT just gave, this board would implode.

He had no clue he had someone behind him. Play the man closest to the basket, if they shoot a 3, so be it. Basketball 101, make them take the tougher shot.

I disagree. I will look again. But it looked like thompson was guarding the right guy and white did not move after the pass.

This is the most maddening thing ever. Get a freakin guard in here can play and get that clown the hell out of here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom