Va Tech Game Thread... | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Va Tech Game Thread...

I didn’t have a great feeling about this game. We were in control but for their big run to get it to 3. Holding them 36 points under their average is really impressive.

Really wish we can get Howard Washington 5-10 minutes a game.

Certainly not a must win, but these are the games we need to win to make sure we aren’t sweating on selection Sunday.

We better hope we don't run into a team that will press us for 40 minutes like the vintage Pitino teams. Yikes.
Va Tech goes 10 deep, likes to play fast, and opted not to press us? When we have (at times) struggled to simply get the ball across half court? And when we are only 6 deep? Me thinks Buzz didn't do a very good coaching job tonight...

Great game by the players and proof, yet once again, that JB knows what he is doing! Glad the vaunted VATech shooters forgot how to shoot tonight, obviously, the zone had no effect on them. :p Seriously, averaging 91 points per game and being held to 54 sends a warning to the ACC; "THE ORANGE PLAY DEFENSE!"

Very pleased with the way the kids never got down while VATech was opening the second half with their 12-0 run, grabbing the reins and hitting back with the 11-0 run in response.

Was not impressed with Buzzboy's move to run four guards against the Orange but he has no bench (been, there, crap, there again...) so I assume he went with what he thought best.

Love the fact that JB had the guards step out on the shooters when VATech tried to penetrate. This messed with their heads and their game plan.

Chikwu needs to learn to lay the ball in the hoop before he goes ape on another rim. I love the aggressiveness but would love points more, especially in ACC play where another 6-10 points would help out.

Please with Moyer showing he can play. Hope he keeps improving.

Va Tech goes 10 deep, likes to play fast, and opted not to press us? When we have (at times) struggled to simply get the ball across half court? And when we are only 6 deep? Me thinks Buzz didn't do a very good coaching job tonight...
At first, we did exactly what we wanted against the press. We patiently brought the ball up and used clock and got a good shot. Once they decided they couldn't let us milk clock, they brought four guys into the back court and trapped us. We struggled with this at first but then figured out that we could throw over the top and go home run. JB smartly played the clock game bc our lead was substantial.

Me thinks VATech hoops is following VATech football scheduling practices, rack up wins against pansy state in the OOC and forget how to play big boys in conference.

Just an opinion...

Great game by the players and proof, yet once again, that JB knows what he is doing! Glad the vaunted VATech shooters forgot how to shoot tonight, obviously, the zone had no effect on them. :p Seriously, averaging 91 points per game and being held to 54 sends a warning to the ACC; "THE ORANGE PLAY DEFENSE!"

Very pleased with the way the kids never got down while VATech was opening the second half with their 12-0 run, grabbing the reins and hitting back with the 11-0 run in response.

Was not impressed with Buzzboy's move to run four guards against the Orange but he has no bench (been, there, crap, there again...) so I assume he went with what he thought best.

Love the fact that JB had the guards step out on the shooters when VATech tried to penetrate. This messed with their heads and their game plan.

Chikwu needs to learn to lay the ball in the hoop before he goes ape on another rim. I love the aggressiveness but would love points more, especially in ACC play where another 6-10 points would help out.

Please with Moyer showing he can play. Hope he keeps improving.
Great post. I love that guys like Moyer and Marek are continuing to find their roles and they both played confidently tonight.

Great post. I love that guys like Moyer and Marek are continuing to find their roles and they both played confidently tonight.

Agreed, these young guys are improving constantly. Even Chukwu is improving. Not only did he heat up the paint but the trapping on the wings has to crush a shooter; a 7'2" guy in the shooter's face with a 6'8" cohort on the other side of the trap has to be demoralizing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom