Va Tech Gameday... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Va Tech Gameday...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing I know that will happen tonight is beer from my fridge will be opened. Beyond that, I have zero clue.

I half expect to lose and JW announces tomorrow morning a 5 year extension for DB.
Don’t be ridiculous. The extension will be for 6 years.

Is he going to lobby for the job like Coach O when he was in the building coaching for the LSU game in 2015 and Shafer was basically a dead coach walking?
I remember when Larry Coker was out of a job and did ESPNU games. He did a Dome game and I could swear he was lobbying for the job. He was extremely positive about our potential and said we had good facilities and infrastructure. I think GRob was our coach and I remember thinking "Coker wants the job, fire GRob immediately and hire Larry!"

Final five are all winnable, but losing streaks tank morale and break teams. And losing a fourth in a row after a bye could be real bad.

Any conference road game is a good win if you get it, but this one feels like it’s more important than normal.

Let’s have a get right game. Play clean. Win special teams. And I’d like to see Shrader step up a bit. He’s QB1. At some point you have to wear the Superman cape even for a play or two.

I think we win but obviously we could easily lose. Wouldn’t surprise me one bit to lose our 4th in a row then take our last 4. VT is a tough place to play.
Worry that they are coming off a bye week. I would love to know the statistics but I think they usually play poorly after a bye. Sure hope I’m remembering wrong.

Final five are all winnable, but losing streaks tank morale and break teams. And losing a fourth in a row after a bye could be real bad.

Any conference road game is a good win if you get it, but this one feels like it’s more important than normal.

Let’s have a get right game. Play clean. Win special teams. And I’d like to see Shrader step up a bit. He’s QB1. At some point you have to wear the Superman cape even for a play or two.
Re: the bolded, I'd say that's an absolute necessity. Our entire offense is Shrader. Allen's a nice back, but if Shrader isn't on his game then we can't score points and we lose. He needs to wear the cape from now until the end of November.

I think we win but obviously we could easily lose. Wouldn’t surprise me one bit to lose our 4th in a row then take our last 4. VT is a tough place to play.

Same here.

Last 4 games will be played in stadiums where at least 25% of the seats won't be used. Tonight's atmosphere won't be that. And I'm sure VT has heard plenty about how they've lost the last 2 to SU. They'll be fired up and they're playing with much more confidence at home.

Yeah, Purdue is a common opponent, but seems like forever ago for both of us, and for them, that day was a monsoon. Game started at noon, ended at night.

Also a competent start on offense.

hokies beat us 62-0 (99) and 51-7 (03) . so i'm totally cool with running up the score tonite.

Worry that they are coming off a bye week. I would love to know the statistics but I think they usually play poorly after a bye. Sure hope I’m remembering wrong.
Kepp in mind... it is locked thread

Technically only 1-1/2 bye week. Completely changes the dynamics.

I’m ready Evan Williams bottled in bond … gonna make pizza .. good herb
I had pizza and wings last night...but i am still with you on the bourbon and herb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom