VA tech opens -17 over Cuse... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

VA tech opens -17 over Cuse...

They should be favored by 22 or more. What is the over

They just prepare for Miami and beat us along the way, easy.

I hope so. This offense is still really hard to prepare for. I don't think Foster is super excited about going up against it.

I hope so. This offense is still really hard to prepare for. I don't think Foster is super excited about going up against it.

I don't think any DC looks forward to it. On most plays you can't substitute. Someone has to be on watch to see if we sub in, and to be ready to get their counter in immediately.

Having said that, I think ND in the 2nd half gave some type of blueprint. They took #7 out of the game, without risking too much on having that safety committed to him. So from Foster's point of view, he just needs his guys to execute better than ours do. And given our patchwork young OL, I think he feels a lot better about it than he would have a couple weeks ago.

Hope we can at least get Conway back.

I don't think any DC looks forward to it. On most plays you can't substitute. Someone has to be on watch to see if we sub in, and to be ready to get their counter in immediately.

Having said that, I think ND in the 2nd half gave some type of blueprint. They took #7 out of the game, without risking too much on having that safety committed to him. So from Foster's point of view, he just needs his guys to execute better than ours do. And given our patchwork young OL, I think he feels a lot better about it than he would have a couple weeks ago.

I'm wondering when we see Phillips/Estime and McPherson (maybe?) start to take advantage of mismatches with LBs in the center of the field. If they are doubling Atta, something else should open up. Erv's been too quiet.

Moneyline finally out. Syracuse +750 which equates to a 12% chance of winning

how big are their DB's ? might be a game where we just chuck it up a few time and let AT go get it.

how big are their DB's ? might be a game where we just chuck it up a few time and let AT go get it.

I don't care if their defensive backs are Deion Sanders and Rod Woodson...you throw that man the ball, a lot.

For some reason, the fact that everyone is feeling down on us makes me feel confident in a weird way. It's the point spread threads where everyone is stumbling over themselves to write "SU is a lock!" where I get paranoid.

we can win this week pending the offensive line playing way better than last week back in the dome

Why would foster and his stud athletes on defense be worried? All i have heard for excuses the past 3 weeks was our offense is getting tired after a quarter bc of lack of depth, when the point is to play fast and keep the same guys on the field. Add the fact that we line up in the same exact position every play and throw long left to AET, short right to ish, and seldom over the middle. Don't think a seasoned ,awesome defensive mind like
Bud is loosing sleep.

Why would foster and his stud athletes on defense be worried? All i have heard for excuses the past 3 weeks was our offense is getting tired after a quarter bc of lack of depth, when the point is to play fast and keep the same guys on the field. Add the fact that we line up in the same exact position every play and throw long left to AET, short right to ish, and seldom over the middle. Don't think a seasoned ,awesome defensive mind like
Bud is loosing sleep.

I think all coaches worry by nature.

Not sure if you were around when Foster had some rough days as DC in the Dome ('96, '98, '02), but I bet he hasn't forgotten them.

I also bet he's aware of our home/road splits in yardage and that we're a few self induced wounds from points matching yards.

He's not playing Rutgers this week. He's spending a lot of time preparing for this.

Bud is loosing sleep.

They're worried. This offense works and while we are not running it particularly well it effecient you for a whole game - we will. It's not a matter of if, but of when.

I can assure you that they are glad we are playing them this year.

Line up to 21 at most places, still heavy money going on VA Tech

+1150, yes please.

+21.5 now, yes please.

Screw VaTech, we got this.

Damn, should have waited. Line keeps moving.

+1300
+22.5

Money flooding in on Tech, I guess. Books gonna make a killing, but are doing anything to get Cuse money now.

Damn, should have waited. Line keeps moving.

+1300
+22.5

Money flooding in on Tech, I guess. Books gonna make a killing, but are doing anything to get Cuse money now.

according the vegas insider, the split on this game was VT 53%/Cuse 47%

I would bet VT here. VT has been very very good this year. They score at will almost every week now. With SU's defense I could see a long day. This game has 45-20 written all over it
Written all over it... I love ya stern just messin with ya.

i dont know any one could have watched VT play this year and not wonder about this game.. they played some awful offenses and got credit for it.. UNC wants a do over in the rain as much as us. I wasnt sure we would hold them, but it was pretty easy to see we would move the ball, you just had to hope it led to points.. we still left a ton on the field but playing from the lead was so much easier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom