Va tech player busted for marihuana | Syracusefan.com

Va tech player busted for marihuana

Going with the Reefer Madness spelling - good choice.

51822HbCE0L.jpg

Possession isn't an NCAA violation.

Consumption is.

I was going to make this factual distinction. Maybe he didnt inhale or got busted prior to being able to roll up.

Getting back to Outlaw (snicker), I didn't see anything in the article you linked that said he would/wouldn't play.

Getting back to Outlaw (snicker), I didn't see anything in the article you linked that said he would/wouldn't play.

Athletes charged with misdemeanors are subject to having their situations reviewed by Tech athletic director Whit Babcock to “determine if there has been a violation of athletics department or team policies,” according to Tech’s athletic department policy.

Punishments could include a warning all the way up to suspension from practices and/or games. Unlike a felony charge, which requires a Tech player to immediately be suspended from all team activities, practices and games until the situation is resolved, a misdemeanor charge doesn’t come with an automatic suspension at Tech.

Tech players are required to “report the charge to his or her head coach (or assistant coach if the head coach is not available) as soon as possible after the arrest, and in all cases, prior to participation in the next organized athletic activity.”

Remember, college sports is all about turning boys into respectable young men.

Teaching them that misdemeanors are only a problem if the athletic department policy states that they are is a very important part of that process.

Well done VPI.

I thought there was no overarching NCAA drug policy and the reason Cuse got dinged was because the school had a policy against it but didn't follow it. If Va Tech doesn't have a policy to sit players then its just another recruiting advantage for them.

I heard the story. A cop came to his shared apartment while he was with the team at the tourney and smelled pot being smoked at the house. She went and got a warrant and came back and found pot in the house. He wasn’t even there. They had a warrant out for him when he returned. The team gave him a drug test which he passed.

I heard the story. A cop came to his shared apartment while he was with the team at the tourney and smelled pot being smoked at the house. She went and got a warrant and came back and found pot in the house. He wasn’t even there. They had a warrant out for him when he returned. The team gave him a drug test which he passed.

I sure hope this is true.