Va Tech Trainwreck Discussion | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Va Tech Trainwreck Discussion

What’s the Mullen love about? I see it a lot. Someone needs to educate me why he’s the answer.
He coached as a GA here in the late 90s and had some success in the SEC

Screenshot_20231027-070707.png

Why not

I love our players and theres a couple that may be on my top 20 favorite orange all time list.

If it means losing those players and much of our team to get a new coach and new life in the program, I can accept that.

It needs to happen. This program doesn’t have a safety net like SU BB had when the Boeheim years fell apart. This is bad and needs action.

I was laughed at when I brought up Mullen weeks ago. Glad to see he’s gaining some more traction here. I’d love to see it.
We’ve been talking about Mullen since 2021 on the board to my memory

Now is the time to make the move. Today.

This schedule and next year's schedule were made to get 8 wins and we are in danger of coming nowhere near it.

Get someone in now to finish off this year and maybe steal two more games, and get in to get their system in place for next year.

2025 is a nightmare schedule

This schedule and next year's schedule were made to get 8 wins and we are in danger of coming nowhere near it.

Get someone in now to finish off this year and maybe steal two more games, and get in to get their system in place for next year.

if they made a move i hope they install Beck and not Rocky Long. Go young and exuberant. He'd be coaching for his next job and will have some incentive to show something. Rocky Long should be in a retirement home. He's not caring about the next HC gig he gets. He'll latch on no matter what.

Ohio, at Army, Holy Cross, UConn next year.

A creamy soft schedule for the next coach to have immediate success.
we're the cream for other team's success unfortunately.

I wouldn't discount any of those games. We haven't won an ACC game yet. It's November.

I get the selling point but I suspect anyone we hire will be coming here for a tremendous pay raise and not the seduction of an easy schedule. This thing needs an enema. With that process will come some growing pains for sure

if they made a move i hope they install Beck and not Rocky Long. Go young and exuberant. He'd be coaching for his next job and will have some incentive to show something. Rocky Long should be in a retirement home. He's not caring about the next HC gig he gets. He'll latch on no matter what.
See I disagree. Our offense lacks any thought process or scheme to get guys open. No way Beck has proved anything yet at all. I say send him to.

we're the cream for other team's success unfortunately.

I wouldn't discount any of those games. We haven't won an ACC game yet. It's November.

I get the selling point but I suspect anyone we hire will be coming here for a tremendous pay raise and not the seduction of an easy schedule. This thing needs an enema. With that process will come some growing pains for sure
Oh, for sure. Just saying that the next HC has some wins on the sked if they’re competent (meaning not Babers-like).

When a coach loses his team...THIS IS WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE!

Dino was laughing his a55 off in the press conference after the FSU game.
Dino is telling us the team was almost as fresh as the players were in July.

I'm shocked at what I saw last night...Dino's chapter 2. Hey Wildhack, you know all those improvements you have made/are making to the dome? They ought to stand out pretty well with 16,444 fans attending the next game.

Oh, for sure. Just saying that the next HC has some wins on the sked if they’re competent (meaning not Babers-like).
oh i get your point and i'm being petulent and zesty this AM about all things SU football.

It's for sure a decent landing pad season for sure. One I guess could look at it and ask if a hell fire first season schedule may be better if the thing is gonna be taken down to studs anyway but i'm tying myself into contrarian pretzels now.

just need to fire dino, wish him well in Hawaii and move on. We treat him weirdly like he's a pope or some deity. Sniff ya later. results oriented biz unfortunately.

Ohio, at Army, Holy Cross, UConn next year.
I would expect the Army will get cancelled. They are joining the AAC next year.

Only room for 4 OOC games and they have to play Navy and Air Force, so those are staying. They surely will keep the sure win against Dartmouth roo. I expect they will pick someone else.

I hope not. Really was looking forward to seeing an SU game at West Point.

It's possible the Wohlabaugh injury was way more critical than we realized at the time.

That's the problem. It's year 8. I think we all know we won't have the best depth at certain positions. But we seem to have almost none.

One OL goes down, we're screwed. One WR goes down, we're screwed. Starting QB goes down, we're screwed. It shouldn't fall off a cliff.

People do because they can. Dino acts like a guy without a care in the world, results be damned. There is no competitive fire anymore from anyone. I continue to fall back on our lack of physicality, especially on D.

We do so many Dline stunts that never get home, create running lanes, and basically look like we are doing a choreographed dance more than playing attacking football. Physical play matters and we lack in that area - and don't even get me started on the tackling...

I would expect the Army will get cancelled. They are joining the AAC next year.

Only room for 4 OOC games and they have to play Navy and Air Force, so those are staying. They surely will keep the sure win against Dartmouth roo. I expect they will pick someone else.

I hope not. Really was looking forward to seeing an SU game at West Point.
Can’t wait for the My Take thread today

18-43
18-43
Again, in what life endeavor can u have that record of sustained failure and keep your position? This guy has been paid well more than $20 million. We mock Rutgers and UConn but look in the mirror. Do it now, let Rocky finish up the colonoscopy and get a head start on the search.

That’s a solid batting average.

And prolly better than weather forecasting, economists, and most sports prognosticators.

But as a winning %, it’s pretty atrocious.

I’m one of those “I like Dino as the face of the program” guys,
but clearly that’s now irrelevant.

Because the program is a clownshow shambles at this point.

Can Dino, have Rocky be interim for remainder of season, and get busy with the search for the new guy.

It’s time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom