Vague tweets and what do they mean? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Vague tweets and what do they mean?

I recommend bourbon and a new hobby.

I’m not burned out at all. SU football will be here year after year. Root for the team, but don’t get too emotionally attached.

The ironic thing about this version of NIL is that it’s making me less likely to buy any merch with a player’s name on it. They don’t stay long enough.
Agree. Why bother. Just donate the money to an NIL fund instead.

Could he be applying pressure to our recruiters for something he wants? That doesn’t seem like him though. I just don’t know.
He’s not good enough to do all that.

Caleb will be next-ish in the portal. Don't get mad at me. It's just what it is. I hate this.

Caleb will be next-ish in the portal. Don't get mad at me. It's just what it is. I hate this.
and not the last from what is being said in various other threads

Nobody is going to get this joke.

Batman-ClockKing09.jpg
Batman villain? Clock King? Good pull

I assume Okechuckwu is one of them but we have DEnds. Wax would be a crushing blow to the defense. You can't lose your top tackler.

So if big time college sports is basically a pay for play situation (which is probably a little over simplification but not far from the truth) how does SU stack up financially with the rest of the collegiate universe? I wouldn't think we would be in the top tier of this group.

This is also a ripple effect of your DC taking a lateral position at Nebraska.

We all say we want loyalty with these kids yet their own DC just showed them no loyalty and bolted to a lateral position at another college.

These kids are angry and they were blindsided

We all say we want loyalty with these kids yet their own DC just showed them no loyalty and bolted to a lateral position at another college.

I think this is a factor. I'm not sure how big, but losing such a critical coach likely opened some player's eyes.

Yup. The departure opens them up for new opportunities. Their coach just did it. Why can’t I?

Yup. The departure opens them up for new opportunities. Their coach just did it. Why can’t I?

Exactly.

He leaves for a HC job somewhere I think it’s a little different because they respect that he moved up.

Going to the same position at a relatively similar school but in the b10 where there is more money.

The exact thought these kids have is, well if he can do it, I can too

Exactly.

He leaves for a HC job somewhere I think it’s a little different because they respect that he moved up.

Going to the same position at a relatively similar school but in the b10 where there is more money.

The exact thought these kids have is, well if he can do it, I can too
Good points

My first question when I read these posts is, I wonder how this will impact his academic progress. And then I remember that the term “student athlete” no longer applies for most players.
I wonder that too; how many SU credits transfer over to Nebraska and vice versa? Personally it would kill me to see academic credits essentially wasted.

I wonder that too; how many SU credits transfer over to Nebraska and vice versa? Personally it would kill me to see academic credits essentially wasted.
No no one questions it because it doesn’t matter. Academics…a degree… class work… we have reduced it to a farce.

What once was a real opportunity for a kid, a chance to get a real education as a result of his athletic ability, has now turned into a 1/10,000 chance to make the NFL, and a couple of bucks in his pocket that will be spent before Memorial Day. Instead of a life-changing opportunity, it’s just short-term instant gratification.

I have been saying this literally for decades, and it kills me to see it coming true.

Not so sure that’s an equation they are concerned with

as strange as this sounds, if they are graduate transfers I'm less emotional on portal. They'll have degree forever be Orange and they are taking last year to try out something different. May or may not work for them, but their option.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom