Vandy fires Bryce Drew / hires Jerry Stackhouse | Syracusefan.com

Vandy fires Bryce Drew / hires Jerry Stackhouse

Wonder if it will have any effect on Matt Moyer?

Vanderbilt is what it is. What are the expectations there? Top talent doesn't want to play in Nashville. It was miracle he got the kids in this class that he did.

0-18 in your conference will do that

god love him, he can jump through the roof but just isnt a very good basketball player.
jump through the roof? maybe it was because of the sprained ankle but he was one of the most unathletic players we had. awkward, terrible shooter and ball handler, good size but seemed like he had cement in his sneakers, got some boards because of bulk but that's about it

Matty "coach killer" Moyer. We were all witnesses to the legend.

They actually have a decent BB history under CM Newton???Eddie Fogler?? I think Stallings got them to a couple Sweet 16s. Their basketball history is much better than their football history.

Murray State coach will be a contender for this job.

Nashville as a city is severely overrated. It’s small (medium sized city), expensive, and fake.*

Vanderbilt as a basketball school is severely underrated. The Dores aren’t elite, like SU, but they are very competent, and they have a history that would make most schools jealous. In fact, they have one of the better histories in the SEC.

Vandy is a founding member of the SEC, and they are crucial to the conference, and, frankly, the conference is essential to their sports programs. They belong in the SEC.

*I could write a book about Nashville being fake, but I’ll cover it on a high level with an anecdote. “Nashville Hot Chicken” was invented/finalized in the ‘80’s (albeit with very dubious roots going back to the 20’s), the East Nashville Hot Chicken Festival started in 2007, and Hattie B’s opened in 2012. If you strongly associate Nashville with Nashville Hot Chicken (which I’m guessing many posters on this site do), then hopefully you will understand my point. Again, that’s just one ancedote, but the city has changed such that, at least in my eyes, it’s turned into a gimmick.

It is funny that two starters we had as freshman play less or don't play as sophomores for schools that aren't even close to us.

If that doesn't tell you something about our recruiting there isn't much that will.

It is funny that two starters we had as freshman play less or don't play as sophomores for schools that aren't even close to us.

If that doesn't tell you something about our recruiting there isn't much that will.

Yeah, many years back the typical path was often a kid that couldn’t quite get on the floor at Cuse, would go to a lesser school and become a starter or a star.

Bobby Lazor at Arizona St.
Glenn Sekunda at Penn State
Earl Duncan and Keith Hughes at Rutgers
Richard Manning at Washington

Even Matt Roe was 5th starter/role player at Cuse and went to Maryland and was their main guy.

Yeah, many years back the typical path was often a kid that couldn’t quite get on the floor at Cuse, would go to a lesser school and become a starter or a star.

Bobby Lazor at Arizona St.
Glenn Sekunda at Penn State
Earl Duncan and Keith Hughes at Rutgers
Richard Manning at Washington

Even Matt Roe was 5th starter/role player at Cuse and went to Maryland and was their main guy.
Had plenty that transferred out, never to be heard from again.