Vandy vs. Ole Miss = Bananas | Syracusefan.com

Vandy vs. Ole Miss = Bananas

JDubbin

The ONLY Syracuse Sneakers Avatar Guy
Awesome to watch right now... my goodness

I actually know the linebackers/special teams coach at Ole Miss

Horrible interception. Ball went thru receiver's hand

I continue to read the boneyard meltdown, while watching Rutgers lose... solid start to the college football season

That was so anti-climactic.

Full disclosure, I have this Vanderbilt shirt I have never worn and don't really know where it came from, but I have had it for a loooooong time. And I once got a hummer on the grounds of the Breakers in RI so I can't get rid of it.

Yes I am odd.

+1 on Joe Tessitore. Seriously underrated. One of the best on the air right now, IMO.
He's the new Gus Johnson. Great games just seem to follow him. (Unfortunately, Gus is now ruining huge soccer games. It has nothing to do with his play by play abilities, which I love, but with his lack of knowledge of the game. He nearly ruined last year's CL Final, but even his commentary couldn't mess that classic up. Go Bayern!

+1 on Joe Tessitore. Seriously underrated. One of the best on the air right now, IMO.

Yup I've been watching these games all nite. Wow I am so excited for college football this season..

He's the new Gus Johnson. Great games just seem to follow him. (Unfortunately, Gus is now ruining huge soccer games. It has nothing to do with his play by play abilities, which I love, but with his lack of knowledge of the game. He nearly ruined last year's CL Final, but even his commentary couldn't mess that classic up. Go Bayern!

How could an announcer ruin soccer? Is there something that makes it worse than it already is?

How could an announcer ruin soccer? Is there something that makes it worse than it already is?
Soccer is pretty fun to watch if you give it a chance. Ever since I discovered fox soccer channel about 6 years ago and was able to watch great players and great teams, I've liked it more and more every year! I would rather watch a soccer match over a baseball or hockey game any day.

Imagine a college football announcer or NFL announcer that doesn't quite know all the terminology and says the wrong things at the wrong times. Gus doesn't have the feel of a soccer game yet.

Dam man I was pulling for Vandy. Really like that team and couldn't believe how much hate I have towards Ole Miss - the gushing over their recruiting was absurd. They're dirty.

Went to the game last night. I'm really surprised that Vandy is pulling in consistent top 20 recruiting classes. The crowd was about 50% Ole Miss fans and it's the same when UGA, Tennessee, Alabama and Auburn come to town. It's gotta be pretty disheartening in a home opener when you can't get the majority of the crowd going nuts over a go-ahead touchdown with 90 seconds left.

Game of the night, probably the weekend, for sure thrills. Great way to start the new season.

Imagine a college football announcer or NFL announcer that doesn't quite know all the terminology and says the wrong things at the wrong times. Gus doesn't have the feel of a soccer game yet.
I don't have to imagine that, I've heard Pam Oliver do football games before.

I think the point missed you did.

Dam man I was pulling for Vandy. Really like that team and couldn't believe how much hate I have towards Ole Miss - the gushing over their recruiting was absurd. They're dirty.

And most American announcers tend to over-talk soccer anyway. It really doesn't require a lot of jabber.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom