VCU out due to covid | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

VCU out due to covid

So the A10 moved up all of their men’s tournament a week besides their title game because they didn’t want to lose the 1pm Selection Sunday CBS time slot.

That decision could cost them lots and lots of money

You Hold out the positive individuals and play on. How many times does this have to be said. Just cost these kids a chance at a National Championship.

ever hear of the words contact tracing? They could have played with 5. So I’m guessing tracing got them.

ever hear of the words contact tracing? They could have played with 5. So I’m guessing tracing got them.

Local officials decided they weren’t going to let them play even if they had five haha

then it’s useless for the ncaa to say you can play with 5.
Yeah I see your point. Unless the number of positive tests is an alarming amount that they feel it was a potential super spreader issue.

Yeah I see your point. Unless the number of positive tests is an alarming amount that they feel it was a potential super spreader issue.

yea, sounds like the local health department decided since they were negative for so long and all of a sudden had multiple positives, they weren’t going to wait to seen if it became a larger outbreak.

yea, sounds like the local health department decided since they were negative for so long and all of a sudden had multiple positives, they weren’t going to wait to seen if it became a larger outbreak.
I just hope that this is a warning sign to everyone there to be safe and follow the protocols. No other team left will want this feeling that these kids have right now.

Jeff Goodman
@GoodmanHoops

·
8m

VCU played in the A-10 title game which was officiated by Roger Ayers (who has tested positive), but also stayed in a hotel in Dayton during the league tourney in which there were no shortage of people throughout the hotel without masks, per source.
so vcu should be mad at the hotel or local officials? since i dont know what the mask rule is in ohio

Justin McKoy of uva seems like the player who tested positive after our game last thursday as he is only player not playing for uva

I think somebody had posted earlier this week that the odds that one game would be cancelled this tournament were -140 or +140. Whatever it was, -140 or +140, it was good value for a really crappy outcome that nobody wanted. To me this almost seemed inevitable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom