Verbal Commits clarification | Syracusefan.com

Verbal Commits clarification

Can someone please explain to me why Oshae Brissett (6'9") and Marek Dolezaj (6'9") are listed as small forwards while Matthew Moyer (6'8") is listed as a power forward? I always thought what made a player a small forward versus a power forward was just size. Is there something else beside height?

Verbal Commits | Syracuse Basketball Recruiting Scholarship Chart: Roster, Offers, Commits, Targets, Rankings

Skill set/ability. Size (and weight) is just one component.

And all 3 guys are 'tweeners anyway - Matty Nice and OSB are 3/4's, and Marek is more like a 3/2 wing - not that I expect him to get any time as a 2 here.

And all 3 guys are 'tweeners anyway - Matty Nice and OSB are 3/4's, and Marek is more like a 3/2 wing - not that I expect him to get any time as a 2 here.

At least we are confident Bourama Sidibe is playing center. After looking at his highlights he moves like a center.

I think OB, MD, and MM will play the 3 and 4 for us because that's all we have. BS and PC will play center. Wow, the front court does not have much depth. At least TT leaving early as opposed to later with some kind of injury allows our remaining players to get lots of PT before the ACC regular season. This year is going to be very scary for us. This could be JB's worse record in his career but I hope I am pleasantly surprised on the upside.

You using my Matty Nice now? :)
what-are-you-vlmz7x.jpg

At least we are confident Bourama Sidibe is playing center. After looking at his highlights he moves like a center.

I think OB, MD, and MM will play the 3 and 4 for us because that's all we have. BS and PC will play center. Wow, the front court does not have much depth. At least TT leaving early as opposed to later with some kind of injury allows our remaining players to get lots of PT before the ACC regular season. This year is going to be very scary for us. This could be JB's worse record in his career but I hope I am pleasantly surprised on the upside.
We have a good number one in battle.

Things could flameout but there's a better chance that we could have a top 50 recruitMoyer as our eight man

Cupboard is far from bare

Five players in the frontcourt. Four guards. We are fine. Nine capable players, and we know that is 1.5 too many. PC, and Sid battle it out at the 5. Three young, but extremely talented guys at the 3/4. Four guards, that all could really play either position. Everything will settle itself out. TT drama is gone. It feels good, honestly. We have no worries about player drama.

Uh, I hope you're right, but any team with FH on it is absolutely capable of drama...
Do we know why he did not go abroad with Moyer?