Very impressive second half | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Very impressive second half

You asked the wrong people. At half time, I was wandering around the stadium checking out site lines from various sections. Sorry, I missed you.

It was a nice game to watch in a great facility. Similar to last year, you suffocated us with your defence and your bigs under the basket in the second half.

I have been reading the various comments on here and it seems that a great game by Thomas Scrubb has gone un-noticed by Syracuse fans.

I have to mention that every Carleton fan at the game was very aware that the Canadian flag was not on display in the opening ceremonies and that the Canadian national anthem was not played. Good news was that the beer vendors were selling Canadian beer!

Anyway, enjoyed the trip and hopefully another Syracuse/Carleton game can be arranged in the coming years.
Dear Doug, I'm sorry I missed you! I talked to some really nice younger people.

I am afraid that we are all so focused evaluating and and then commenting on our own players, your good players have gone un-commented upon. The game announcers gave your players due credit, although they were rather unglued by the way one of your stars chews on his mouth guard while playing. :)

We could have done so much better recognizing our Canadian visitors! And we should have. We completely underplayed that your team is from another COUNTRY. I am afraid that may be because some of us regard Canada as the peaceful, stress-free extension of our own U.S. of A! (Just kidding.) (No, I'm not.)

Have a great season, Doug!

Anyway, enjoyed the trip and hopefully another Syracuse/Carleton game can be arranged in the coming years.

Boeheim at his post game press conference said he won't play Carleton again until the Scrubbs have graduated. He also said jokingly that they have been there for about seven years.

Dear Doug, I'm sorry I missed you! I talked to some really nice younger people.

I am afraid that we are all so focused evaluating and and then commenting on our own players, your good players have gone un-commented upon. The game announcers gave your players due credit, although they were rather unglued by the way one of your stars chews on his mouth guard while playing. :)

We could have done so much better recognizing our Canadian visitors! And we should have. We completely underplayed that your team is from another COUNTRY. I am afraid that may be because some of us regard Canada as the peaceful, stress-free extension of our own U.S. of A! (Just kidding.) (No, I'm not.)

Have a great season, Doug!

At least there were no U S A chants ;) Actually, maybe the prevention of such mindless antics may have been why it was underplayed? Just speculating about our society's Pavlovian conditioning, and being a bit critical of it as well I suppose. Ive always enjoyed my interactions with Canadians, other than one border guard.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom