Very interesting article on CFB coaches | Syracusefan.com

Very interesting article on CFB coaches

Killdozer

Starter
This is an excellent read on how CFB coaches at big schools really have to cheat to keep their jobs. I believe that HCDB is NOT one of these coaches as SU is a higher education school however, almost all schools in the SEC fall into this coaching style. Makes me wonder if L-Ville is one of these type of programs because I can see Petrino being that type of coach. Just look at the program rise and his character....screams cheater!

Cheat or Go Home: Inside the 'Dysfunctional Hell' of Becoming a CFB Coach

Good article, great line from Hayden Fry: "You recruit your own problems."

Every team at every level has some problems, but I hope we remain relatively clean in this regard. Dino obviously conducts himself like an asset to the university, so hopefully he's not put into a position where he's recruiting some of the dregs.

This is an excellent read on how CFB coaches at big schools really have to cheat to keep their jobs. I believe that HCDB is NOT one of these coaches as SU is a higher education school however, almost all schools in the SEC fall into this coaching style. Makes me wonder if L-Ville is one of these type of programs because I can see Petrino being that type of coach. Just look at the program rise and his character...screams cheater!

Very good article. The real question though is, where's the NCAA in all this?
What good is that blood-sucking organization for if they can't, or don't, do anything about the isht happening right in front of their face?
The NCAA is the biggest organized syndicate since the mafia. Everyone knows it's there, knows it's happening, yet they play dead dumb and blind to keep the money train rolling. The sheer, shameless hypocrisy is amazing!

This is an excellent read on how CFB coaches at big schools really have to cheat to keep their jobs. I believe that HCDB is NOT one of these coaches as SU is a higher education school however, almost all schools in the SEC fall into this coaching style. Makes me wonder if L-Ville is one of these type of programs because I can see Petrino being that type of coach. Just look at the program rise and his character...screams cheater!

Excellent article. Really do think the fans drive this. Win, at any cost, and don't get caught doing what it takes to win.

Once the culture of college football changes so that the character and integrity of the player is just as important, or more so, as his 40 time, things will change. Until then, though, the culture of college football will continue to spawn Aaron Hernandez, Jerry Sandusky, or the Baylor mess, or UNC, et al.

Very good article. The real question though is, where's the NCAA in all this?
What good is that blood-sucking organization for if they can't, or don't, do anything about the isht happening right in front of their face?
The NCAA is the biggest organized syndicate since the mafia. Everyone knows it's there, knows it's happening, yet they play dead dumb and blind to keep the money train rolling. The sheer, shameless hypocrisy is amazing!
The NCAA has a vested interest in this. The teams that win make money; lots of it. Only time the NCAA gets involved is when something becomes too big to hide or ignore.

Reactions: FAL
Excellent article. Really do think the fans drive this. Win, at any cost, and don't get caught doing what it takes to win.

Once the culture of college football changes so that the character and integrity of the player is just as important, or more so, as his 40 time, things will change. Until then, though, the culture of college football will continue to spawn Aaron Hernandez, Jerry Sandusky, or the Baylor mess, or UNC, et al.
This.
And here's another article from the view of a typical SEC "Bagman".
Wow.
Meet the Bag Man

Many of my friends who attended other Big East schools give me the business about our "dirty" basketball program. I don't care honestly. I would rather get rubbed for that stuff than laughed at for monster losses to Louisville on Friday night football with guys jumping over our players.

Petrino left Louisville in a shambles the last time he left, I would expect noting less. The AD complained about the problems he left, then re-hired him once Strong left for Texas. So much for academic integrity at Louisville.

The truth is simple, if the rules are not enforced, cheating will become the norm. The NCAA is directly to blame to the same degree that each coach, administration, player, parent and booster is to blame. The NCAA has no one to blame for failing to uphold its rules. Nor do any of the universities that "agree" to play by NCAA rules.

Sadly, they only cheat the kids and their families in the long run. The kids never learn self discipline, money management, earn their degree (or "earn" a worthless degree). The parents miss out on making their kids become great adults and contributors to society. Yes, there are a few exception that realize their opportunities and make the most of them, but most kids never realize that only a few people make the NFL and the average NFL "career" is three years, not very good odds on making a living over the next 50+ years of a kids life.

The NCAA has a vested interest in this. The teams that win make money; lots of it. Only time the NCAA gets involved is when something becomes too big to hide or ignore.
The teams that win do make money. However, football only generates a small amount of money for the NCAA as the NCAA does not get any bowl or playoff money. The men's hoops tourney is the real money maker for the NCAA essentially supporting everything else the NCAA does. My take is that the NCAA is more hands off in football because it does not get the money like men's hoops does. The NCAA can come down hard on peripheral sports, lesser teams and a few big names to make a show of things but there are untouchables in hoops.

For what it's worth, I am glad the conferences did not cave to NCAA and allow them a large percentage of the post season revenue in football (see hoops). As football is an expensive sport, the schools have earned (mostly) the money generated in the post season. Most bowls essentially cover expenses, once the band, cheerleaders, administrative personnel, etc. are included in the travel entourage. Just my opinion.

P.S. I am glad kids like your son take school seriously. Even if he plays on Sundays and has a long career, he will need a job in 10-15years. Kids that do things right set themselves up for success down the road, not the immediate cash payoff.

Next thing someone is going to tell us is that Pitino and the hoops program are sleazy! can't be!
Not for nothing, but there are no innocents in Big Boy college athletics. Not saying SU is sleazy, but we certainly can't sit on the sidelines and throw stones at other programs. Everyone's dirty in some way shape or form. It's the nature of the biz. JMHO

Not for nothing, but there are no innocents in Big Boy college athletics. Not saying SU is sleazy, but we certainly can't sit on the sidelines and throw stones at other programs. Everyone's dirty in some way shape or form. It's the nature of the biz. JMHO

after two probations and Bernie Fine, I guess we can't. but can't resist when it comes to Louisville!

Story reminds me of the days when Bill Rapp was giving cars to SU basketball players.