Very simple comrades in regards to our fate | Syracusefan.com

Very simple comrades in regards to our fate

gilardino

Starter
We need to beat Tech on Saturday. If we lose that is our 14th loss, than if we lose in the ACC tourney, regardless what round we lose that is our 15th loss.

I have a hard time imagining that cuse will make the tourney with 15 losses, let alone any team.

Basically we need to win Saturday. If we don't I have no faith in getting a NCAA bid, unless we win the ACC tourney.

Bottom line, senior day, win your home game. Tech ruined our senior year back in 2014, CJ fair senior year. This game is payback

We need to beat Tech on Saturday. If we lose that is our 14th loss, than if we lose in the ACC tourney, regardless what round we lose that is our 15th loss.

I have a hard time imagining that cuse will make the tourney with 15 losses, let alone any team.

Basically we need to win Saturday. If we don't I have no faith in getting a NCAA bid, unless we win the ACC tourney.

Bottom line, senior day, win your home game. Tech ruined our senior year back in 2014, CJ fair senior year. This game is payback
No doubt. People hate the saying "must win", but Saturday is a MUST WIN!

The game would be big regardless, but the fact that it's against another bubble team, in our conference, that would sweep us and tie us in conference record if we lose, compounds the biglyness exponentially.

Agree 100%. If we lose, GT will have the same conference record as us with the tiebreaker. Our overall records are identical right now so we would be behind them there as well.

I'm not even thinking or caring who we play in the ACCT right now, if we win Saturday we should be in the DANCE.

If we cannot come up with a gritty effort this week then we probably don't deserve a bid.

C'mon guys, let's do this SUball

Let me ask you this simple question. What is better. Going 1-1, with one win at home. Or Going 2-2 with 2 wins on neutral floors (assuming one is not BC). The answer is simple -- it's the latter.

Of course let's not put ourselves in a hole of having to win 2 ACC games. But we would not have to win the ACC tourney to get in if we lose on Saturday.

I also suspect Vanderbilt will claim a spot with 15 losses this year.

Let me ask you this simple question. What is better. Going 1-1, with one win at home. Or Going 2-2 with 2 wins on neutral floors (assuming one is not BC). The answer is simple -- it's the latter.

Of course let's not put ourselves in a hole of having to win 2 ACC games. But we would not have to win the ACC tourney to get in if we lose on Saturday.

I also suspect Vanderbilt will claim a spot with 15 losses this year.
If, please no, but if we lose Saturday, are we likely to be 10 seed in ACC ?

i agree. im treating saturday like an elimination game. obviously whoever loses can go on a deep run in the acc tourny and play themselves back in, but thats not likely. the winner will be in very good shape to go dancing.

If, please no, but if we lose Saturday, are we likely to be 10 seed in ACC ?

Alsacs is the expert on that puzzle.

More importantly, I want to stay in the 8/9 game so I am forced to take Wednesday afternoon off of work to go to the bar at noon and watch. And then win that one and do it again Thursday. And then call in sick Friday.

It will be hard. They are also fighting for their survival.

No doubt...15 losses vs. 14 is like going from ridiculous to ludicrous! ;)

Syracuse has been fairly dominant at home. 15 over Miami. 11 over Pitt (but could have been 20+). 23 over BC. 5 over Wake. 10 over FSU. 4 over UVA. Loss in OT vs Louisville. No way GT should beat SU on its home floor on Senior Day. But stranger things have happened this year than would be a 2nd loss to GT. 33 point loss to SJU. We need a bigger game from Gillon than he gave us in the 1st GT game -- 2-10 with 1-7 from the 3-point line. 6 assists but 5 turnovers. Lydon going 3-11 didn't help. 3-point shooting has been rather abysmal for quite a while. Team was 6-11 against Duke. Hard to believe SU could win against a quality opponent while shooting only 11 3-pointers. Of course, Duke doesn't have a rim-protector like Lammers.

BTW, congratulations to Tyler Lydon, Tyus Battle and Andrew White III for Academic All-ACC.

I'm sick of coming out like we've never played basketball before

Come out with that fire to dominate and start the game strong

If we lose to Georgia Tech we will play on Tuesday.
If Wake beat Virginia Tech we would be the 11 seed.
If VPI won and we lost we would be 10 seed.

For us to avoid 8-9 we need UVA and Miami to lose.
Our best case scenario for seeding is Pitt, FSU, Wake all winning.
If we won we would be the 6 seed.
However I don't want Wake beating VPI. I would be happy with the 7 and UVA and Miami losing.

bottom line a 10-8 conference record is better than 9-9, have to win

Just noticed that GT is just as bad as Syracuse away from home, even worse. They are 1-7 with a blow-out loss to Duke. Only beat NC State on the road. Closest losses were to VT by 1 point and ND by 4 points. Hopefully this bodes well for us.

We're a perimeter jump shooting team which are inherently inconsistent. When a couple guys are hot and the shots are falling we look good. When the shots aren't dropping we can get rolled. There's no inside - outside balance to fall back on. Let's hope Gillon has one of his hot games and that White starts making shots again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom