Via twitter... | Syracusefan.com

Via twitter...

Hoov50

Starter
@Cuse: SOLD OUT!

Not sure what that means for attendance though.

That means that we are going to break the attendance record against Georgetown but not by so much that we can't break the record again in a time not-so-far away, say when we play Duke in the next season or two.

SU is smart. They will never allow it to be broken by so many that it is impossible to break it again. As others have pointed out, they could sell over 40,000 seats with a view of the court now that the curtain a distant memory. They will let it be broken by a few hundred every time they feel the need. With that philosophy it stands to reason that the record could be broken at least 10 more times before they would have to look into adding searing and/or moving the court.

Each day I feel better about the money I spent on StubHub for tickets in section 215.

Each day I feel better about the money I spent on StubHub for tickets in section 215.
To follow up on my own post, is there any reason to be concerned about the authenticity of tickets from that site?

I have never had a problem in the past, but I heard there were some issues with other tickets purchased online.

To follow up on my own post, is there any reason to be concerned about the authenticity of tickets from that site?

I have never had a problem in the past, but I heard there were some issues with other tickets purchased online.
Two guys ahead of me at the box office at the Syracuse-Seton Hall game bought tickets on StubHub that turned out to be fake. But that was the first I've heard of it.

guy I purchased from has five more right next to this one, if anyone is interested
tempkk.jpg

I wonder if DR. Gross ever gets greedy enough and places the court mdfield like they do for some tourney games in non-basketball stadiums.

Students have already started lining up for this game, I heard.

Because of dying neurons, I thought the attendance record was 36,414. But now I realize that it was 34, 616 (I think). I couldn't understand why people were saying the Gtown game was going to break the record! WOW!

That means that we are going to break the attendance record against Georgetown but not by so much that we can't break the record again in a time not-so-far away, say when we play Duke in the next season or two.

Bingo.

Pretty cool; didn't think they'd sell it out this year. Looking forward to Saturday!

SU is smart. They will never allow it to be broken by so many that it is impossible to break it again. As others have pointed out, they could sell over 40,000 seats with a view of the court now that the curtain a distant memory. They will let it be broken by a few hundred every time they feel the need. With that philosophy it stands to reason that the record could be broken at least 10 more times before they would have to look into adding searing and/or moving the court.

Pretty sure they are leaving the midcourt bleachers farther from the court to free up ~400 more sightlines - each time they sell out, the only seats unsold do have obstructed views.

But your main point is correct: they'd rather just squeak past the record, then pull the bleachers back another five feet in a couple years and do it again.

Students have already started lining up for this game, I heard.

Not yet, you're not allowed to camp for a game before another game has happened, so they're getting ready for Providence, and will start camping immediately after for Georgetown.

Not yet, you're not allowed to camp for a game before another game has happened, so they're getting ready for Providence, and will start camping immediately after for Georgetown.
I was going to say, how does that work with a game tomorrow

Cannot wait, the atmosphere will be great. I knew they would hit 35, they have never sold that far back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom