Via twitter... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Via twitter...

SU is smart. They will never allow it to be broken by so many that it is impossible to break it again. As others have pointed out, they could sell over 40,000 seats with a view of the court now that the curtain a distant memory. They will let it be broken by a few hundred every time they feel the need. With that philosophy it stands to reason that the record could be broken at least 10 more times before they would have to look into adding searing and/or moving the court.

They only sell seats where you can see the court. That's not 40k because of the bleachers.

Sent using my Commodore 64

Pretty sure they are leaving the midcourt bleachers farther from the court to free up ~400 more sightlines - each time they sell out, the only seats unsold do have obstructed views.

But your main point is correct: they'd rather just squeak past the record, then pull the bleachers back another five feet in a couple years and do it again.

If they keep moving the bleachers back every few years, those pullouts will eventually be nosebleeds. All they'd have to do is pinch the curtain in for the bigger crowds. They did that for Melo's finale, and they haven't won a title since it was removed.

Students have already started lining up for this game, I heard.

Do they lose their place in line if they go in for the Providence game? LOL

Do they lose their place in line if they go in for the Providence game? LOL

They just had video of the kids waiting at the dome for Georgetown tickets on channel 9. Will people have to step over them heading into the Providence game?:rolleyes:

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know SU's record in home games where the attendance record is broken?

Edit:In case anyone else cares, I looked it up myself. Syracuse's record in these games is 6-5. Interestingly, we lost the first 4, and are 6-1 since then:
1/10/83 Gtown - Loss
1/22/83 SJU -Loss
2/23/85 SJU -Loss
2/22/87 Gtown - Loss
3/5/89 Gtown - Win
2/10/90 Uconn - Win
3/4/90 Gtown - Win
3/3/91 Gtown - Win
2/5/05 Rutgers? -Win
3/6/06 Nova -Loss
2/27/10 Nova -Win

guy I purchased from has five more right next to this one, if anyone is interested
tempkk.jpg
you should easily have excellent access to storm from there moqui...

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know SU's record in home games where the attendance record is broken?

Edit:In case anyone else cares, I looked it up myself. Syracuse's record in these games is 6-5. Interestingly, we lost the first 4, and are 6-1 since then:
1/10/83 Gtown - Loss
1/22/83 SJU -Loss
2/23/85 SJU -Loss
2/22/87 Gtown - Loss
3/5/89 Gtown - Win
2/10/90 Uconn - Win
3/4/90 Gtown - Win
3/3/91 Gtown - Win
2/5/05 Rutgers? -Win
3/6/06 Nova -Loss
2/27/10 Nova -Win
Think you're missing ND. 33,633

Think you're missing ND. 33,633
Oops, you're right, that rutgers game from 05 is actually supposed to be ND actual attendance 33,199. I had someone in my office talking to me about work while I was doing this. I must have been distracted.

The rutgers game with the record is is actually 3/9/03. I am guessing this was Carmelo's last home game, which would explain how we set an attendance record against Rutgers.
So that improves the overall record to 7-5.
1/10/83 Gtown - Loss
1/22/83 SJU -Loss
2/23/85 SJU -Loss
2/22/87 Gtown - Loss
3/5/89 Gtown - Win
2/10/90 Uconn - Win
3/4/90 Gtown - Win
3/3/91 Gtown - Win
3/9/03 Rutgers -Win
2/5/05 ND -Win
3/6/06 Nova -Loss
2/27/10 Nova -Win

Those first four were depressing considering they were the largest crowds to witness games at the Dome. Everytime, after the first couple of failures, that I would hear, a record crowd is expected, I would get a sense of dread. Starting in 1989 the trend completely reversed and six straight wins helped cure those dreadful feelings.

Those first four were depressing considering they were the largest crowds to witness games at the Dome. Everytime, after the first couple of failures, that I would hear, a record crowd is expected, I would get a sense of dread. Starting in 1989 the trend completely reversed and six straight wins helped cure those dreadful feelings.
Yeah, I am young enough that my memories of those earliest games are foggy at best, but I vaguely remember us not having a great record in these games being a story line early on. That's what got me thinking about our record in these games, and it explains to this day why I still get a huge pit in my stomach before each new attendance record game. There is nothing worse than losing one of these games.

Yeah, I am young enough that my memories of those earliest games are foggy at best, but I vaguely remember us not having a great record in these games being a story line early on. That's what got me thinking about our record in these games, and it explains to this day why I still get a huge pit in my stomach before each new attendance record game. There is nothing worse than losing one of these games.
Great work assembling the list. It's a time appropriate post, thanks!

The rutgers game with the record is is actually 3/9/03. I am guessing this was Carmelo's last home game, which would explain how we set an attendance record against Rutgers.

Not only was it Melo's last home game - that game was NOT on TV. I can't imagine another SU game not being televised (at least on the local Time Warner channel).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom