Class of 2023 - C Victor Wembanyama | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 C Victor Wembanyama

His game against that other top prospect was quite spectacular.

Some GM called him "Kevin Durant who can block shots".

He moves nowhere nearly as smoothly as Durant does, although he's got a good handle for a guy his size.

I was watching Zion last night. Zion has a mad handle for a guy his size. Wembanyamba is not close to that level.

I would say he's like Ralph Sampson with a very good three ball.

He moves nowhere nearly as smoothly as Durant does, although he's got a good handle for a guy his size.

I was watching Zion last night. Zion has a mad handle for a guy his size. Wembanyamba is not close to that level.

For a 7’5+ guy, that handle and jump shot are absolutely phenomenal. He’s shooting jumpers like a 2, blocks shots, and has a handle so good, he’s actually played PG at times, again…at 7’5+!
This kid is like Kevin Garnett meets Kareem on steroids. We’ve never seen this skill set before on a player built like him. Unreal.

Last edited:

He's 18.

Compare him to Durant at 18.

For a 7’5+ guy, that handle and jump shot are absolutely phenomenal. He’s shooting jumpers like a 2, blocks shots, and has a handle so good, he’s actually played PG at times, again…at 7’5+!
This kid is like Kevin Garnett meets Kareem on steroids. We’ve never seen this skill set before on a player built like him. Unreal.

His handle is not that good - it's not NBA good. It's good for a 7-4 guy, but he's not going to dribble down the lane like he did against those G League kids against an NBA team.

Look at Zion Williamson on the dribble. He gets low, he has leverage, he's way faster on the drive, and he's 6-9 280. Even LeBron doesn't have the handle that Williamson does. LeBron just overpowers people with his strength when he drives the lane.

His handle is not that good - it's not NBA good. It's good for a 7-4 guy, but he's not going to dribble down the lane like he did against those G League kids against an NBA team.

Look at Zion Williamson on the dribble. He gets low, he has leverage, he's way faster on the drive, and he's 6-9 280. Even LeBron doesn't have the handle that Williamson does. LeBron just overpowers people with his strength when he drives the lane.
Zion is not 6’9”.

Zion will get 80% of his shots blocked by this kid. He’s a blocking machine.

Zion will get 80% of his shots blocked by this kid. He’s a blocking machine.
If Zion is not moving forward and going straight up then sure that is likely, as it is with about every other human on Earth. If Zion is heading for the rim with a full head of steam, VW will get blasted into the stanchion.

If Zion is not moving forward and going straight up then sure that is likely, as it is with about every other human on Earth. If Zion is heading for the rim with a full head of steam, VW will get blasted into the stanchion.
VW is so long he can block shots from 4 feet away. But, Zion is so strong. It will be interesting to see what happens. I can see VW getting a broken arm trying to block someone like Zion.

Never said his handle was “NBA good”, whatever that means. Just saying it’s the best handle by, and i can’t believe this needs to be pointed out…again, a 7foot 5inch+ player, that’s ever been seen. Period.

Last edited:

I’ll take the over on your evaluation.

Barring injury, This kid is going to dominate.

Greek freak but moves a little better and a pure shot and is 7-2 vs 6-11.

I’ll take the over on your evaluation.

Barring injury, This kid is going to dominate.

And Ralph Sampson didn't dominate? What was he, player of the year 3 times in college?

Not in the NBA. This guy is going to dominate in the NBA.
Yeah, but I’ll bet anyone anything that he’ll never be even a one time college player of the year.