View from Cameron | Syracusefan.com

View from Cameron

ManleyRocks

Walk On
First, I thought the turnout of Syracuse fans in Cameron was impressive. A fair amount of orange sprinkled throughout the stadium. It was noticeable. In the first half, a let’s go orange chant was started by some folks on one end of the upper tier. The stadium went quiet for a moment in shock and the Duke fans then responded when they realized someone be had desecrated their sanctuary and the whole place erupted with lets go devils. It was classic.

Duke came out sluggish. They thought they were getting zone Syracuse…did not expect high energy Syracuse. The guys played real hard both halves. You may not have noticed it on tv, but they did not quit. Coach Boeheim, Devo and Chris Joseph in their podcast today give a good breakdown of the game. We rebounded hard…just too many turnovers which I attribute to a combination of the athleticism of Duke at all the positions and frustration by our guys setting in as things became unraveled. We were in this for 25 minutes. At one point I thought I had sold my soul when we were up a couple of times, but Duke was relentless with talent and effort and the crowd has these game’s choreographed with cheers from start to finish —- even the more senior fans —- which becomes exhausting for the visiting team.

Our team is a ton of fun with glimpses of what they could become if things start to fire on all cylinders. They need to keep evolving and keep learning and working on their weaknesses (which again Devo, Joseph and Coach discuss). Things are heading in the right direction no doubt. Only thing I would encourage the players to do is stay locked into the game. No need to talk to the refs. A lot of the guys are talking to the refs. I have never seen talking to the refs do any good. Other teams do not talk to the refs. It breaks concentration. Further when you miss a shot or throw the ball away, don’t for a moment shake your head and jog. Keep playing hard. Be tough. Be gritty. Be a junkyard dog every moment no matter the situation.

We are getting close. I am super hopeful not only for this year but the years to come. Happy New Year. Looking forward to the next one!

First, I thought the turnout of Syracuse fans in Cameron was impressive. A fair amount of orange sprinkled throughout the stadium. It was noticeable. In the first half, a let’s go orange chant was started by some folks on one end of the upper tier. The stadium went quiet for a moment in shock and the Duke fans then responded when they realized someone be had desecrated their sanctuary and the whole place erupted with lets go devils. It was classic.

Duke came out sluggish. They thought they were getting zone Syracuse…did not expect high energy Syracuse. The guys played real hard both halves. You may not have noticed it on tv, but they did not quit. Coach Boeheim, Devo and Chris Joseph in their podcast today give a good breakdown of the game. We rebounded hard…just too many turnovers which I attribute to a combination of the athleticism of Duke at all the positions and frustration by our guys setting in as things became unraveled. We were in this for 25 minutes. At one point I thought I had sold my soul when we were up a couple of times, but Duke was relentless with talent and effort and the crowd has these game’s choreographed with cheers from start to finish —- even the more senior fans —- which becomes exhausting for the visiting team.

Our team is a ton of fun with glimpses of what they could become if things start to fire on all cylinders. They need to keep evolving and keep learning and working on their weaknesses (which again Devo, Joseph and Coach discuss). Things are heading in the right direction no doubt. Only thing I would encourage the players to do is stay locked into the game. No need to talk to the refs. A lot of the guys are talking to the refs. I have never seen talking to the refs do any good. Other teams do not talk to the refs. It breaks concentration. Further when you miss a shot or throw the ball away, don’t for a moment shake your head and jog. Keep playing hard. Be tough. Be gritty. Be a junkyard dog every moment no matter the situation.

We are getting close. I am super hopeful not only for this year but the years to come. Happy New Year. Looking forward to the next one!
The orange in the stands was noticeable on TV.

highlighted the cheese doodles in angel gray's hair.

(btw hope everyone caught the nose picking reference)

Everything considered this was a typical Syracuse-Duke game. We hung tough for a half and then when it was go time Duke shook us off and won easily. We just recruit from two different universe of players . . . they routinely get some of the best players in the country, and we don't.

Climbing back to the top of the mountain is going to be a very, very difficult slog for us. To date I think we have had some marginal improvement playing third decile type teams, but against the top couple of deciles, we are going to typically get beat by fifteen or more.

Plenty of hard work ahead to fix the program.

One (realistic?) die-hard fan's opinion anyway.

Everything considered this was a typical Syracuse-Duke game. We hung tough for a half and then when it was go time Duke shook us off and won easily. We just recruit from two different universe of players . . . they routinely get some of the best players in the country, and we don't.

Climbing back to the top of the mountain is going to be a very, very difficult slog for us. To date I think we have had some marginal improvement playing third decile type teams, but against the top couple of deciles, we are going to typically get beat by fifteen or more.

Plenty of hard work ahead to fix the program.

One (realistic?) die-hard fan's opinion anyway.
Red's getting two good freshmen - all he has to do to compete with the upper echelon is get 2 studs and maybe 1 role player from the portal.

If he wants it, it will happen.

Further when you miss a shot or throw the ball away, don’t for a moment shake your head and jog. Keep playing hard. Be tough. Be gritty. Be a junkyard dog every moment no matter the situation.
Well said - also, when your teammate makes a mistake, no need to let your body language change so much or keep you from getting back on defense. Leadership is more apparent and more necessary when things are going wrong than when they're going right. Love this team - I think this is one of the next steps needed to get to the next level as a group.

Imagine if Duke or NC joined the BE. They might well be where we are now. The first thing coming to the mind of a 4 or 5 star player considering the ACC is unlikely to be Syracuse. From day 1 of the conference switch this was the most likely outcome. We used to be competitive with Duke and NC. (I realize that we had no choice and I am just crying over spilled milk )

I've lowered my expectations. Now I'd be happy making the playoffs regardless of seed. Perhaps we will have a breakout in football?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom