Viewing options for exhibition games | Syracusefan.com

Viewing options for exhibition games

pearl31

in cahoots
OAA has live streamed these the past few years. Anyone know if they will again this year? I just checked the site via Cuse athletics and right now their calendar/schedule only goes through 11/1, with no mention of any basketball content.

Now that I don't live in Syracuse anymore it's going to start getting frustrated finding games again. That was one nice thing about living in the area the past 4 years....

I LOVE to go the games and then come back home and watch them immediately so I can understand what I just saw. TWC always had the games on, even the exhibition games. It will really destroy my ritual if some television station doesn't pick up these "unimportant" games. Once ritual is destroyed, psyche has no chance. Very sad.

Apparently Time Warner will be doing the exhibition games. I don't get it on my service so I will be going to my streaming site which hopefully will have the game since "somebody" is televising it.

thanks!
Heres the email I got back.

As you may know, Syracuse's setup is a bit unique. These games could be picked up and not streamed on the website, but it's looking like it's a good possibility that the exhibitions will stream on the site.

I don't want to etch that in stone quite yet though because broadcast rights restrictions may effectively black those games out and not allow them to stream on the site. They could also get picked up by a larger entity and also not be able to be streamed.

Long story, short, keep your eye on Cuse All-Access and those events will be added in if they are going to be streamed.

Sorry we can't nail down a simple yes or no, but we often times aren't sure about a streaming event until less than 48 hours before the event.

Have a good one!

Heres the email I got back.

As you may know, Syracuse's setup is a bit unique. These games could be picked up and not streamed on the website, but it's looking like it's a good possibility that the exhibitions will stream on the site.

I don't want to etch that in stone quite yet though because broadcast rights restrictions may effectively black those games out and not allow them to stream on the site. They could also get picked up by a larger entity and also not be able to be streamed.

Long story, short, keep your eye on Cuse All-Access and those events will be added in if they are going to be streamed.

Sorry we can't nail down a simple yes or no, but we often times aren't sure about a streaming event until less than 48 hours before the event.

Have a good one!
thx again for getting that info

Apparently Time Warner will be doing the exhibition games. I don't get it on my service so I will be going to my streaming site which hopefully will have the game since "somebody" is televising it.
What is this streaming site please?

What is this streaming site please?
Cali...standby...check the board a few hours out...we should have an answer.

I bought a recurring $10.95 Orange All Access Subscription. They bill $10.95 automatically...so be sure to cancel. I usually have one in Nov and Dec for the early season games. The exhibition is loaded for a video there...but it looks like they still don't have the go ahead.

You have to cancel by the last day of the month...or you will get charged for another month on the 1st.

Last edited:

I bought a recurring $10.95 Orange All Access Subscription. They bill $10.95 automatically...so be sure to cancel. I usually have one in Nov and Dec for the early season games. The exhibition is loaded for a video there...but it looks like they still don't have the go ahead.

You have to cancel by the last day of the month...or you will get charged for another month on the 1st.
Yep, looks like OAA has both Lemoyne and florida southern listed for streaming now. I have ponied up for the 1-month subscription

Just a nerdy joke, Cali. My apologies for the confusion.
We're cool.No need for apologies. I'm not up on all of the modern pop culture stuff so this could have been a high hard one and a swing and a miss on my part.

Thanks

I see what you did there.
I had a complete series of The Defenders growing up on the west side of the Salt City. Yes, I said it.

Casting for that movie looks excellent, if it holds. I'd take Cumberbatch over J. Phoenix for that role every day of the week. Rachel McAdams may not always pick the best projects, but I'd watch her in a movie just mowing the lawn. And Mads Mikkelson!

Now back to talking about Dolphins...

I just did a recurring also. Now I need someone to remind me to cancel it come January or whenever we appear on tv for every game!!!

Yep, looks like OAA has both Lemoyne and florida southern listed for streaming now. I have ponied up for the 1-month subscription
Me to as I do every year for the exhibition games. I have never had a problem with their streaming which leads me to believe that all the reported problems are due to the carriers.

I just signed up and it says it expires January 3rd. Question: is it $10.95 through January 3rd? Or do I have to cancel it at the end of this month (to ensure I don't get charged an additional $10.95 in December)? It's odd that it seems a monthly subscription lasts 2 months... :noidea:

I just signed up and it says it expires January 3rd. Question: is it $10.95 through January 3rd? Or do I have to cancel it at the end of this month (to ensure I don't get charged an additional $10.95 in December)? It's odd that it seems a monthly subscription lasts 2 months... :noidea:
good question, it seems odd...