Villanova vs Georgetown on FS1 | Syracusefan.com

Villanova vs Georgetown on FS1

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
Nova up 22 at halftime. I was really hoping Georgetown would win. Good news is that Raf is doing the game. We really miss him. He needs to get called up to the majors again.

30 pt lead now with 17 minutes to go. Could be Jay Wright's second NC this year.

I'm pretty sure I read one of the main lures to going with the Big East and FS 1 was Raf wanted to start limiting his travel to the NE. He is 74 now.
How awesome would it be if we somehow made the tourney and had Raf?

Villanova continues to look real strong, while the top 25 is struggling tonight.

Excluding Villanova, the top 25 is:
0-3 tonight in completed games, (#7, #8, and #17 lost)
3-3 in games in progress (#11, #19 and #21 losing)

St. John's might win on the road at Xavier -- up 1 with 7 minutes to go.

Purdue is possibly the 2nd most impressive team in the country. They have been quite impressive with 4 senior / 1 soph in the starting lineup. They have two centres who are 7'2 and 7'3. They combine for 40 minutes, and are averaging 20 pts, 9.3 reb and 4.2 blk.

Villanova continues to look real strong, while the top 25 is struggling tonight.

Purdue is possibly the 2nd most impressive team in the country. They have been quite impressive with 4 senior / 1 soph in the starting lineup. They have two centres who are 7'2 and 7'3. They combine for 40 minutes, and are averaging 20 pts, 9.3 reb and 4.2 blk.

I’ve liked watching both teams for a few years now.

Purdue is outstanding. Haas is a beast inside, plenty of size like you said, and they have legit guards finally. At least since E’Twaun Moore left six years ago (time flies!). This combo guard Carson Edwards is fantastic. He’s built like a running back. 6-1, 205. He is a bulldog on D, fast, plays downhill and can shoot. True soph. He’s from TX somewhere. He would be freaking dynamite in Orange. He’s not their true PG but he handles it beautifully and can pass. They have FOUR guys playing at least 18mpg who all shoot at least 39% from 3!

Last edited:
And people were happy for Villanova when they won the title. Very short sighted. They took our place in the east and Philly. VERY bad for us, as you never want another mouth at the table.. This makes me sad

And people were happy for Villanova when they won the title. Very short sighted. They took our place in the east and Philly. VERY bad for us, as you never want another mouth at the table.. This makes me sad
I was happy UNC lost but not happy Nova won if that makes sense

Top 25 finished 5-6 last night with 5 of the losses coming on the road. Just shows how hard it is to win on the road. BC, our next opponent, has been less than stellar on the road. Big opportunity for us.

Top 25 finished 5-6 last night with 5 of the losses coming on the road. Just shows how hard it is to win on the road. BC, our next opponent, has been less than stellar on the road. Big opportunity for us.

OR college basketball and the talent overall isn't good.

Nova hit 17 3-pointers.
If Nova hits 17 3-pointers against the Cuse this board would be all over the failure of the 2-3 zone. When 17 3-pointers are hit against a MtoM defense apparently it's just good shooting. Oh well.

I was happy for wright because he's a great guy not for their fans or program

I was happy for wright because he's a great guy not for their fans or program

I was happy for pretty much everybody until the next day when I remembered what miserable and smug people Villanova alumni and Philadelphia and South Jersey bandwagoners are.

But it was still a heck of a game and I'm happy to see an old Big East team play good basketball.

Agreed.

The only home team to lose as #7 Wichita Stwhich may have been overvalued a few spots. They lost to SMU a bubble team.

OR college basketball and the talent overall isn't good.
Half full glass says that more parity due to better overall talent. Half empty glass says more teams suck because of all the one and done's ruining college basketball.

One thing for sure, no matter how full or empty the glass is, there are very few teams that will dominate over a 31 game season. Could this be the year that we finally see a #1 seed get bounced in the NCAA's. It's gonna happen eventually.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom