Ville now has top 2015 class | Syracusefan.com

Ville now has top 2015 class

cuseguy

Living Legend
After adding 5 star Blakeney

http://scouthoops.At their request,...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

After adding 5 star Blakeney

http://scouthoops.At their request, this network is being blocked from this site./2/1442131.html?utm_content=buffer7d8f0&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

It makes me wonder with all the high ranked recruits pending it was inevitable there would be higher ranked recruiting classes. I wonder if JB's best recruiting class ever comment was some kind of preemptive strike.

My Louisville cousins will be ecstatic! Still, the best doesn't always equal "the best," does it?

i believe you mean your brothers, or in laws, or parents, or grandparents, possibly your uncles.

Duke has commits from Chase Jeter, the 5th rated player in the class, and Luke Kennard, the 6th rated player in the class. Louisville has the 18th, 20th, 21st and 39th rated players in the class which is a good class but certainly not a great class. Louisville has the top rated class based upon volume. Based upon average quality of the recruits Duke is way ahead. However, there's always the argument that players as highly rated as Jeter and Kennard won't hang around long. Louisville's recruits may end up contributing more by staying at Louisville longer. In any case, basketball recruiting is going well at both schools.

Duke has commits from Chase Jeter, the 5th rated player in the class, and Luke Kennard, the 6th rated player in the class. Louisville has the 18th, 20th, 21st and 39th rated players in the class which is a good class but certainly not a great class. Louisville has the top rated class based upon volume. Based upon average quality of the recruits Duke is way ahead. However, there's always the argument that players as highly rated as Jeter and Kennard won't hang around long. Louisville's recruits may end up contributing more by staying at Louisville longer. In any case, basketball recruiting is going well at both schools.

I think Syracuse coaches fans would be calling this a "great" class if the script was flipped and these guys were committing to us. I think it's a great class on paper, clearly. So is Duke's on paper. So is Syracuse and Arizona's.

The best class will be determined on the court, not in forums or on self-hyped web sites. When Bryant officially commits, the tables will shuffle again. The good news is that the ACC will be loaded for hoops...and the BiG will still be chasing.

I just hope JB is working on game plans to limit the effect of Pitino's clutch and bump press against us. Gotta get deeper or stronger, one of the two. You can't be the gassed team in the last three minutes.

I've lived in Louisville for over 20 years. It's a great city. Great, friendly people, plenty to do, great food, etc. SoBeCuse is correct.

The best class will be determined on the court, not in forums or on self-hyped web sites. When Bryant officially commits, the tables will shuffle again. The good news is that the ACC will be loaded for hoops...and the BiG will still be chasing.

I just hope JB is working on game plans to limit the effect of Pitino's clutch and bump press against us. Gotta get deeper or stronger, one of the two. You can't be the gassed team in the last three minutes.

Another reason why you need more than 7 players getting minutes.

I've lived in Louisville for over 20 years. It's a great city. Great, friendly people, plenty to do, great food, etc. SoBeCuse is correct.

NuLu, Bardstown Rd., Frankfort Ave., 21C/Proof. Good stuff there!

They're from Louisville - she could mean all at the same time. :)

*ducks*
Actually, gentlemen, they are the niece/nephew + 2 children of my husband's step-mother. Honestly, I don't really understand who they are, but I really like them! And let's not feather all Kentuckian's with the same chicken, shall we? (One of the Lville cousin's favorite expressions.) Although it is fair to say that since everything that now exists was created in the same nanosecond, then I would reckon we are all related, if you follow my drift...

Actually, gentlemen, they are the niece/nephew + 2 children of my husband's step-mother. Honestly, I don't really understand who they are, but I really like them! And let's not feather all Kentuckian's with the same chicken, shall we? (One of the Lville cousin's favorite expressions.) Although it is fair to say that since everything that now exists was created in the same nanosecond, then I would reckon we are all related, if you follow my drift...
Brilliant!

Louisville 2015-2016
Sr- Harrell (F)
Jr- Agau(C), Mathiang(C), Gill (G), Rosier (G)
So- Onuaku (C), Aaron (G), Johnson (F), Stockman (C), Snider (G), Mahmoud (C)
Fr- Blakeney (G), Mitchell (G), Spaulding (F), Adel (F)

Is Pitino pushing someone out the door already? Harrell is expected to jump to the NBA after this year but that still leaves +1 in scholarships.

Louisville 2015-2016
Sr- Harrell (F)
Jr- Agau(C), Mathiang(C), Gill (G), Rosier (G)
So- Onuaku (C), Aaron (G), Johnson (F), Stockman (C), Snider (G), Mahmoud (C)
Fr- Blakeney (G), Mitchell (G), Spaulding (F), Adel (F)

Is Pitino pushing someone out the door already? Harrell is expected to jump to the NBA after this year but that still leaves +1 in scholarships.

That's quite a lot of centers on the roster. Maybe one will play point? ;)

Another reason why you need more than 7 players getting minutes.

Players will play if they learn how to play the defense and they hustle their asses off. JB may favor his experienced guys, but he plays the kids who hustle and play D. Keita is a perfect example.

If guys want to play, this is the year to step it up. Lots of opportunity.

Players will play if they learn how to play the defense and they hustle their asses off. JB may favor his experienced guys, but he plays the kids who hustle and play D. Keita is a perfect example.

If guys want to play, this is the year to step it up. Lots of opportunity.

I wonder if it's all player's attitude or just a choice JB is making. I would like to see more players get more PT so we have more healthy players come tournament time. Last year it was Grant's back. The year before it was Triche's back. It's a long season. Our February looks like meat grinding gauntlet. I would like to see us have at least 8 or 9 credible players. During the 2003 tournament run there were games where contributions from players you would not expect made the difference in winning or losing.

I wonder if it's all player's attitude or just a choice JB is making. I would like to see more players get more PT so we have more healthy players come tournament time. Last year it was Grant's back. The year before it was Triche's back. It's a long season. Our February looks like meat grinding gauntlet. I would like to see us have at least 8 or 9 credible players. During the 2003 tournament run there were games where contributions from players you would not expect made the difference in winning or losing.
JB will make his choices just as Pete said: "---he plays the kids who hustle and play D"
He isn't going to throw warm bodies out there just to give time to more players. It's not attitude, it's being ready to contribute. If they're ready, they'll play.

Craig Forth's best game of that season was the last one...on Monday night in New Orleans.

We had Louisville dead to rights in MSG 2013 and got bumped, clutched and run into an epic collapse. We were Ware'd down at the end. ;)

There's no secret to winning the NCAA Tournament. You have to be a team that can lock down on defense, you must be able to score from MULTIPLE positions, and you need at least one guy that can get you points under any circumstances. If you have all that in a 7 man rotation, that's great...but they better be in shape and not prone to fouls.

Craig Forth's best game of that season was the last one...on Monday night in New Orleans.

We had Louisville dead to rights in MSG 2013 and got bumped, clutched and run into an epic collapse. We were Ware'd down at the end. ;)

There's no secret to winning the NCAA Tournament. You have to be a team that can lock down on defense, you must be able to score from MULTIPLE positions, and you need at least one guy that can get you points under any circumstances. If you have all that in a 7 man rotation, that's great...but they better be in shape and not prone to fouls.

Or as UCONN has demonstrated, one or two really good upper classmen.

What an upgrade to the hoops side with UL in and Maryland out... ACC hoops should and could be epic!

Cuse
Duke
NC
Louisville
Pitt
YIKES!

What an upgrade to the hoops side with UL in and Maryland out... ACC hoops should and could be epic!

Cuse
Duke
NC
Louisville
Pitt
YIKES!