Vintage helmet on Craigslist | Syracusefan.com

Vintage helmet on Craigslist

This isn’t my ad, but thought it may be of interest to the group. Does anyone know who the player would’ve been? Appears to be 74-76 vintage

Syracuse University football helmet - collectibles - by owner - sale
I am at work and doesn't have access to my game program collection but I believe those helmets were worn between 1974-1977. I know board fav Dave Jacobs was the placekicker in 1977, so it could possibly be his.

I am not sure off the top of my head who the kicker was in 1974-1976. Bernie Ruoff was on the team in 1974. He was probably the placekicker that year.

jacobs_dave.jpg

m9keNwSppF-GFqNmbobpsYQ.jpg

Pretty cool piece of history......thanks for sharing...

I looked at the pictures and the player protection provided by that helmet is pretty underwhelming.
Right? Looking at that helmet makes you realize why players like John Mackey suffered from dementia in later life.

"If you are the kicker or know the kicker, I will give you the helmet."

If you only knew my friend, if you only knew....

Somebody needs to claim this. I see a reality TV episode here.

"If you are the kicker or know the kicker, I will give you the helmet."

If you only knew my friend, if you only knew...

Somebody needs to claim this. I see a reality TV episode here.
i mean i would like the helmet to go to the kicker, if only someone here could get in touch with them

I am at work and doesn't have access to my game program collection but I believe those helmets were worn between 1974-1977. I know board fav Dave Jacobs was the placekicker in 1977, so it could possibly be his.

I am not sure off the top of my head who the kicker was in 1974-1976. Bernie Ruoff was on the team in 1974. He was probably the placekicker that year.

jacobs_dave.jpg

m9keNwSppF-GFqNmbobpsYQ.jpg

LOL, OMG that is SO funny!
I hope he sells it without a price tag.

Saw it on Facebook

Got great reviews from nearly everyone
Was hoping it was yours!

I don't mind it. No one asked, but I think "Syracuse" is too long to squeeze on a helmet. Wonder if shortening it to "Cuse" would look better.

IMHO, it is a great design for a semi pro team based in Syracuse.

I dislike the block S on the helmet. For branding purposes maybe it is okay, but I would prefer our traditional orange helmet. That is a distinctive look in college football and has been our unique brand for generations.

Let's return to that.