Virginia Game Thread... | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Virginia Game Thread...

I get that ppl are frustrated with JB, obviously it’s his baby - but the talent just isn’t there. Whatever you wanna blame it on - gleague, sanctions, poor recruiting, inexperience, taurean, geno, sidibe’s injury, all of the above... forming any semblance of a decent offense with this group would be a miracle.

It’s ridiculous. He can’t hit the rim

He sure does get his shot blocked a lot for a guy with his height.

I think he can be a very very good player for us but he's just not ready to be a top 3 option against real competition. At all.

W play 5 on 3 on offense. Our 6’10” scoring forward got his phone taken from him from his mom and is in jersey.

Hate the next year line but in this case it’s true.

OK, see ya

I’ll let you know how it feels to be free of the burden of watching crappy basketball.

But enjoy another blowout. Glad to do something more productive with two hours of my time.

W play 5 on 3 on offense. Our 6’10” scoring forward got his phone taken from him from his mom and is in jersey.

Baffling to me that people thought we'd be better without our most efficient scorer from last season.

So freeking true it almost hurts.

Well, SU beat the 11 point spread. That is about the only good news. I have nothing but respect for UVA but they are not the 3rd best team in the country. Howard once again proved that he is not a PG. 1 assist and 7 turnovers. Continues to be probably the worst PG in the country in assist to TO ratio. Surprised to see he shot worse than Battle did in the game, although he was 4-9 from 3-point range. Chukwu had a a very nice game -- 9 points and 16 rebounds. I also thought Moyer played well which brings up the question as to why didn't he get more playing time against Notre Dame which annihilated SU on the boards. Dolezaj was invisible for the 2nd straight game.

I can't believe that SU can't be more productive on offense than what they are showing -- Brissett dribbles, Howard dribbles, or Battle dribbles and eventually one of them hoists up a 3-pointer or an ill-advised drive to the basket. 3 freaking assists in 40 minutes!!! That is close to impossible.

Baffling to me that people thought we'd be better without our most efficient scorer from last season.
The team is definitely better on defense than last year. Losing Thorpe hurt as far as depth goes. Bringing Washington into a game is a liability but I still think Boeheim has to give him playing time because at some point he will be needed. Losing Sidibe at least part of the time has hurt. The team has 6 players and Dolezaj is disappearing fast in my opinion. Every SU fan realized that this team would have challenges. You don't lose players the caliber of Roberson, White, Thompson, Lydon, Gillon and even Coleman and expect 5 first year players, one player (Howard) with limited experience, and one returning starter (Battle), to perform at the same level as last year's team did on offense. I do like the fight in this year's team. If last year's team played as hard, they would have been in the big dance.

Well, SU beat the 11 point spread. That is about the only good news. I have nothing but respect for UVA but they are not the 3rd best team in the country. Howard once again proved that he is not a PG. 1 assist and 7 turnovers. Continues to be probably the worst PG in the country in assist to TO ratio. Surprised to see he shot worse than Battle did in the game, although he was 4-9 from 3-point range. Chukwu had a a very nice game -- 9 points and 16 rebounds. I also thought Moyer played well which brings up the question as to why didn't he get more playing time against Notre Dame which annihilated SU on the boards. Dolezaj was invisible for the 2nd straight game.

I can't believe that SU can't be more productive on offense than what they are showing -- Brissett dribbles, Howard dribbles, or Battle dribbles and eventually one of them hoists up a 3-pointer or an ill-advised drive to the basket. 3 freaking assists in 40 minutes!!! That is close to impossible.

Agree with the Moyer comment regarding playing time vs Norte dame. If he plays more we win that game. Needed some bulk and love Dolezaj but he got abused by the ND bigs. More Moyer going forward is the best chance

Agree with the Moyer comment regarding playing time vs Norte dame. If he plays more we win that game. Needed some bulk and love Dolezaj but he got abused by the ND bigs. More Moyer going forward is the best chance

Moyer absolutely should be ahead of Dolezaj for PT at this point. 70/30 split.

Speaking only about offense, he would fit in perfectly. I mean, our offense is entirely 1v1 which is what he was, and he could at least make them at a good clip.

Amazing to think about. Having another ISO guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom