Virginia game | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Virginia game

Marsh I love your confidence but our head is nowhere near above water yet. Nothing is gravy. Virginia really has to be a win.

I respectfully disagree. We are still a ways away from a bid. Hell we are just now on the NIT bubble. Winning twice on the road next week will go a long way. Virginia would be totally gravy if we can get it. Gonna be a very tough game. Not a must win IMO

I respectfully disagree. We are still a ways away from a bid. Hell we are just now on the NIT bubble. Winning twice on the road next week will go a long way. Virginia would be totally gravy if we can get it. Gonna be a very tough game. Not a must win IMO

But we're a miracle Gillon shot from still being winless on the road. I will be very happy with splitting Clemson and Pitt. I think losing any home games from here on out would be disastrous for our tourney chances.

oh its important but not a must win. Like I said gravy assuming we can win the two games next week.

If we want to make the tourney, I do think it is must win. I say that because I don't think we turned any corners last night. The road games at Clemson, GT, and Pitt should all be considered very iffy. Yes, we won last night. And we showed some moxie by not giving up down 16 in the second half, BUT the things I was looking for to say we turned a corner did not happen.

Our defense was pitiful. We gave up 93 points, let their #1 guy get a triple double, and let another secondary guy get a career high. It took an all time performance from one of our guys for us to eek out OT and then win. We are not going to get 43 points on 9-10 shooting from anyone, let alone JG, ever again.

Probably need to beat one of UVa, Louisville, or Duke at home to position us for NCAA.

But unlike a month ago, when the prospect of defeating any of those teams seemed ludicrous, I actually believe that we could beat any or all of them any given night.

I think it's probably 2 of those? I dunno.

I'm continuing to write off @Lville. Of the other 4 games (not counting Lville 2x, Duke, UVA), we have
Clemson
@Pitt
Ga Tech home/away

If we lose @Lville and only win 1 of the 3 big home games, that's an additional 3 losses, meaning we'd have to run the table in the other 4 to get to 11-7. That's possivble, and we did just win a road games, but I still think that's a somewhat big ask.

I think we can win 2 of the 3 big home games. Those are good teams, but we get them at our place.

Miracle shot or not we won on the road. That's big for confidence. We had 2.5 players play well. The team can play better. We probably have a better chance of beating Pitt at Pitt and Clemson at Clemson than we do Virginia at home.

Miracle shot or not we won on the road. That's big for confidence. We had 2.5 players play well. The team can play better. We probably have a better chance of beating Pitt at Pitt and Clemson at Clemson than we do Virginia at home.

Guillon did hit a miracle shot, that's fair, but by the same token, the Rowan three right before it was pretty damn miraculous as well.

But we're a miracle Gillon shot from still being winless on the road. I will be very happy with splitting Clemson and Pitt. I think losing any home games from here on out would be disastrous for our tourney chances.
#Unhinged

Guillon did hit a miracle shot, that's fair, but by the same token, the Rowan three right before it was pretty damn miraculous as well.

I know. I'm just saying that it's probably unlikely we'll see another shooting performance like we had last night for another decade let alone in our next game against Pitt and Clemson.

Probably need to beat one of UVa, Louisville, or Duke at home to position us for NCAA.

But unlike a month ago, when the prospect of defeating any of those teams seemed ludicrous, I actually believe that we could beat any or all of them any given night.

True... let us also not forgot what happened the first 13 minutes of the second half last night. We were terrible. Huge win, but we were an incredible trey away from suffering a crushing loss.

But your point- absolutely can beat anyone. We made 15 threes last night. The scary thing is, they made 14, which is why it was close.

Win or lose, the worst part of the game for me this Saturday will be having to listen to the announcers talk about the Elite 8 game. Ugh.

Worst ;) ?

I know. I'm just saying that it's probably unlikely we'll see another shooting performance like we had last night for another decade let alone in our next game against Pitt and Clemson.

Eric. My man. Enjoy the win. I don't think you have thought we were going to win a game since at least 2013. ;-).

Enjoy the win. I don't think you have thought we were going to win a game since at least 2013. ;-).

If only you could have seen me running around my living room high-pitched shrieking last night.

(I think we're going to beat Duke and Louisville in the Dome but lose to Virginia)

Win or lose, the worst part of the game for me this Saturday will be having to listen to the announcers talk about the Elite 8 game. Ugh.
MalichI don't have a recollection of what happened there, can you refresh my memory?

56f8913d3fba3.image.jpg

Tony Bennett is is having reoccurring nightmares having to play JB and the Orange this Saturday. The whole Hoo nation is prolly having stomach cramps and nausea.

Tony Bennett is is having reoccurring nightmares having to play JB and the Orange this Saturday. The whole Hoo nation is prolly having stomach cramps and nausea.
C'mon bro. They probably look at this game the same way we looked at the Hoosiers rematch in the 1987-88 preseason NIT. A chance for them to move on. As a fan base we need to move on as well. Living in the past won't decide what happens on Saturday.

Wear it UNDER something until after the game (which is my plan). Have to be careful not to "jinx" things here
YES. I also have another one (which I purchased for Gary, who is in FL) and if we win I plan to show it to all the fans.

If we lose to Virginia, a not unlikely scenario, I believe we will win another game at the Dome and we will be able to celebrate with the fans with wild abandon. Try to stop us, NCAA!

C'mon bro. They probably look at this game the same way we looked at the Hoosiers rematch in the 1987-88 preseason NIT. A chance for them to move on. As a fan base we need to move on as well. Living in the past won't decide what happens on Saturday.
The Hoo's are having night terrors. I'm still having issues with Kieth Smart's shot.

I'll be in town from Chicago to watch the game. The last SU game I went to was against UVA at the United Center, but I blacked out in the last few minutes of the game so I'm not sure how it turned out.

First off this game is huge. If we win against Virginia all of the sudden we have a track to the NCAA tourney, if we take care of GT twice, Clemson, and Pitt. Try to steal one from Louisville or Duke who we have 3 games against.

Lastly should be the biggest crowd Saturday. Virginia is highly ranked, we are playing some our best basketball and coach goes for his 1000th win. Would expect 30,000-32,000.

28K tops. Not enough of the casual 10K cares enough about UVA. They're going to the Duke game

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom