"Virginia is just the better team" | Syracusefan.com

"Virginia is just the better team"

jsshap

2nd String
The color commentator for the UVA-Tech game today said he talked to some pitt coaches and players and they said "we played both of them and Virginia is just the better team" or something like that.

To be fair, who knows how many coaches and players actually said that and who knows what was lost in translation. And to be clear, while I don't agree, I dont this its an outrageous or even an unreasonable thing to say, given the way UVA is blowing out teams these days.

Hopefully whoever said it has a different perspective after Wednesday

College basketball is all about getting hot at the right time of the year, I'm not sure this is the optimal time for UVA but they are playing some really good ball right now. They beat the teams they should beat by pretty healthy margins.

I feel like it's been awhile since this team has just slammed the door on an opponent (Villanova?). It's a little difficult to tell if we are just playing down to our competition or if we're in a bit if a lull the past few games and will hopefully get hotter come tournament time. JB has said himself we could easily have 3-4 losses by now.

I'll give this team this though: even when not playing the best, we pull through with a win. I'd really like to see a convincing performance against Clemson tomorrow.

this is confusing. are you saying they said UVA is better than syracuse?

and if so...WRONG.

The color commentator for the UVA-Tech game today said he talked to some pitt coaches and players and they said "we played both of them and Virginia is just the better team" or something like that.

To be fair, who knows how many coaches and players actually said that and who knows what was lost in translation. And to be clear, while I don't agree, I dont this its an outrageous or even an unreasonable thing to say, given the way UVA is blowing out teams these days.

I think that if we are still#1 going into Pitt is going to be a terrible experience for us. They will be so up to beat their old rival at home the Orange. Its going to be be a bitch there.

It could also be pitt just isnt that good. They were on the verge of getting shown the door quickly before patterson got hot against us. Now they nearly lose to vtech who is just awful... at home. UvA plays tough mtm d and has more offense than pitt. Comparing a team that plays a style you are comfortable against and have had success vs a team you are unfamiliar with that plays a style that you struggle with is foolish. Virginia is a carbon copy of pitt in many ways and should do well in the regular season. I think their inability to get good shots off curl screens against the zone will be tough on them as will our phenom pgs patience.

Pitt at their place will be tough.. I am sure they will look to play bully ball all game.

I feel very confident of the Orange beating Pitt at the Peterson Center. Last year I attended the game there. The game was tied at 35 midway through the second half when Pitt took control for good and won by 10. Last year the Orange simply collapsed with foolish plays down the stretch. This Orange team is much more disciplined and continues to show great poise down the stretch. The most startling statistic from last years away game was assists….Syracuse 5 assists and Pitt 19 assists. This will not happen this year. Orange will finish the last 10 minutes strong and win by 10!!

Mortal Kombat fatalities let Pitt off too easy. I want to see this at the Peterson Event Center while we lock the gym doors and force their fans to watch.

Pitt seems to look worse every game, but I still can't shake the feeling it's going to be a close one on Wednesday

College basketball is all about getting hot at the right time of the year, I'm not sure this is the optimal time for UVA but they are playing some really good ball right now. They beat the teams they should beat by pretty healthy margins.

I feel like it's been awhile since this team has just slammed the door on an opponent (Villanova?). It's a little difficult to tell if we are just playing down to our competition or if we're in a bit if a lull the past few games and will hopefully get hotter come tournament time. JB has said himself we could easily have 3-4 losses by now.

I'll give this team this though: even when not playing the best, we pull through with a win. I'd really like to see a convincing performance against Clemson tomorrow.
We were in a lull against Duke?

Ugh that game was garbage. Set hoops back 10 years.

It was probably that flabby ass coach they have that runs up and down the court during timeouts complaining to the refs.

I would think Pitt's coach's and players should concentrate on simply beating a good team before they worry about ranking the teams they have lost too.

Pitt has yet to beat a good team, Dixon is a man in his 40's who still acts like a punk and is yet to accomplish anything in the post season.

We were in a lull against Duke?

Obviously not, my implication though was that when it's a big game the team is up for it. I was referring more to the miami, bc, wf type games where you'd think the #1 or 2 team in the country would handle those more easily.

UVa may be playing good ball now, but they will crap their pants at tournament time. Look at their record the last few years. I live in the Richmond area and all I hear is how good they are. They may well beat us at home, but when it comes to tournament time I'll put my money on the Orange.

Virginia plays very good defense but they also struggle to score to the point that its highly highly unlikely that they can advance really far in the big tourney. You always have games where a team goes off on you and you have to score. Like us against Wisci a couple years back. They hit everything and we had to answer which we did.

UVa may be playing good ball now, but they will crap their pants at tournament time. Look at their record the last few years. I live in the Richmond area and all I hear is how good they are. They may well beat us at home, but when it comes to tournament time I'll put my money on the Orange.

So you're saying they were the Pitt of the acc till Pitt joined? The easiest part of filling out my bracket every year is knowing Pitt will be knocked out no later than the round of 32, no matter who the other team is.

When Pitt actually has any impact on who wins the national championship, their opinion will be worth listening to.

They know a lot about losing to good teams. I'd like to hear how they rank their NCAA flameouts.

Any doubt about #1. Video sucks, but Pitt does not deserve better.

The foul was the dumbest thing I have ever seen.

[quote AZOrange, post: 930316, member: 278"]We were in a lull against Duke?[/quote]
Duke can't defend and played up tempo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom