Virginia is terrible | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Virginia is terrible

Oh my god Miami's band trying to play the SportsCenter theme song sounds like nails on a chalkboard.

Justin Anderson is developing into a very good player

Does anybody know why McClellan transferred from Texas?

Oh my god Miami's band trying to play the SportsCenter theme song sounds like nails on a chalkboard.

LOL ... they do sound pretty awful, had a good laugh as they kept repeating it.

The Toby kid from UV will kill us inside. He will always be where we aren't. They are a tough team to zone. I would take Parrantes in a heartbeat to be our point guard. All he does is beat you and make big shots when his team needs him.

TI would take Parrantes in a heartbeat to be our point guard. All he does is beat you and make big shots when his team needs him.
Maybe right now, but Kaleb will be a better player than Perrantes down the road. But yeah, he's one of those kids that wasn't very highly thought of in high school and turned out to be very good - lucky find for UVA

The Toby kid from UV will kill us inside. He will always be where we aren't. They are a tough team to zone. I would take Parrantes in a heartbeat to be our point guard. All he does is beat you and make big shots when his team needs him.
Makes his FT's as well

Maybe right now, but Kaleb will be a better player than Perrantes down the road. But yeah, he's one of those kids that wasn't very highly thought of in high school and turned out to be very good - lucky find for UVA
Bibbs didn't look too bad either - went off for 22 points. Wonder what rock Buzz found him under?

Last edited:
The biggest take from this game is no road league game is easy. We should be happy with today's win, but not expect to just roll ANYONE on the road.
Thank you. That is probably all I should have said in the first place.

Let's face it. The Buzz Williams factor played heavily into today's game. He has played SU many times, knows that we hate physical games, and made it a point to come out and punch us in the face in the second half. Anyone who watched the Nova debacle knows that this team does not like being hacked. We were Buzzed, but survived. On to the next one.

Bibbs didn't look too bad either - went off for 22 points. Wonder what rock Buzz found him under?
Bibbs seems to have a quick release. Didn't take him long to get his shots off and he made a lot of them.

OK, guess not.
UVA is a very good team, and very well might win the ACC for the 2nd straight year. But they played a really poor 2nd half today against a poor team and barely held on to win. :noidea:

Yep... we played a craptastic second half and for the most part 1st OT. There were a couple of questionable calls in the second half (Brogdon's 5th foul on AR, and Anderson's foul on the 3 point shot) but overall they should never have blown an 18 point lead regardless. They came out in the 2nd half a bit complacent, I think not worried about Miami being able to overcome an 18 point deficit until it got down to single digits. Then they took a few bad shots and Anderson just couldnt make a thing in the 2nd half... but Perrantes stepped up and kept it together for us and Anderson brought us back from the dead in the 1st OT. The thing about this UVA team is there are at least 5 if not 6 guys that can be the man any given game. 13 games into the season and we have had 5 guys lead the team in scoring (Anderson, Brogdon, Gill, Tobey, Perrantes). Somebody seems to step up each game.

Miami is not a poor team, they are going to be a bubble team. Should they have taken us to OT? Of course not... but this is ACC basketball on the road, and we played a poor second half, both offensively and defensively. Brogdon and Anderson couldnt guard AR and Shayok maybe should have been tried out sooner on him. Their power forward hit 3 threes and their defense really stepped up in the 2nd half.

Either way... hopefully UVA will chalk it up as battle testing and learn a few things as they move into the meat of the ACC... ND in 2 games, 4 easier games, then Duke/Louisville/UNC/NCS in consecutive games... I dont think anyone on our board expects us to come through that undefeated, but as long as we beat Duke we'll be thrilled.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom