Virginia only scored 57 points vs GT last night... | Syracusefan.com

Virginia only scored 57 points vs GT last night...

Eric15

Living Legend
…and won the game by 29 points, 57-28. Good lord.

45%, 56%, 67% UVA
25%, 0%, 50% G-Tech

Virginia probably had one of the best adjusted defensive efficiency numbers of the year and a pretty good offensive one as well.
The problem with trying to slow it down, milk the clock and shorten the game against UVA is that its exactly how they prefer to play and with their defense even in a close game down the stretch they have to feel like they will get the better looks at the basket.

Its not UVA's fault that college bball has devolved into this grinder type of game. Bennett is simply taking advantage of the way the game is called and the way that many coaches micromanage offense these days. Against great defensive teams you should always take your first good look or press any advantage situation you get but so many teams pass up decent looks early in the shot clock to take a crappy look late. They do it against SU as well. Its a combination of failing to uphold the rules for so long that now you can't and coaches over coaching offense IMO.

Tony Bennett is great! Here to stay, unfortunately for us.

Did Tech have Ron Patterson starting at all five positions?

I kid, I kid.

So who did UVA guard? They must have all stood in the lane and waited for the rebound :confused:

That 25% was rounded up BTW

If we rebounded better I am sure we could have held Ga. Tech to points in the 30's.

Ga. Tech's best offense against us was to miss a shot and go for an offensive rebound.
UVA and UK play defense at a level where you better hit jump shots.

…and won the game by 29 points, 57-28. Good lord.
UVa. was favored by 17. If you told me before the game that they would score 57, I'd have put a bundle on Tech. I'd only need Tech to score 41. I would have lost by 12. OMG.

UVa. was favored by 17. If you told me before the game that they would score 57, I'd have put a bundle on Tech. I'd only need Tech to score 41. I would have lost by 12. OMG.

When you shoot well, score 57 and win by 29 points that real domination.

UVa held GT to under 20 points until the 11 minute mark in the second half last night. We gave up 4 of those 28 in the final 3 minutes when the bench was completely cleared. Score could have been worse, but yes, it was utter domination.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom