Virginia Tailgate Thread Oct. 17th | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Virginia Tailgate Thread Oct. 17th

EDIT: Notes From Crusty

UVA Game For those interested in attending the UVA game/tailgate on October 17th, I thought you would be interested in some info about Scott Stadium, located on the beautiful and historic Charlottesville, VA campus designed by Thomas Jefferson (you remember him). Visiting team seats are indicated in yellow with orange stripes. We will be working with UVA group sales to see how much improvement we can achieve going through their group sales office.

We expect this to be a spectacular tailgate and a resounding Orange victory so mark your calendar.
http://www.virginia.edu/
http://www.virginiasports.com/
http://www.charlottesville.org/
http://www.visitcharlottesville.org/
http://www.visitcharlottesville.org/visitors/things-to-do/

Last edited:
Planning on making this road trip with the girlfriend. Should be a lot of fun!

Send Crusty a PM with your email and name, he'll add you to the list

ThruWayWest 2/1

Crusty check the PM for his contact info.

Mark, both kids are off for long weekends on UVa Weekend, so the CuyahogaCuse group is headed to Charlottesville. That's likely going to mean no trip to Louisville for us, especially if Mrs CC and I make it to Tampa.

Just wanted to let you know since I see you had me penciled in for the Pizza Tailgate.

Lived in Charlottesville for 4 years, but alas missed these NY winters- would suggest to anyone who has never been there (or if you have) to take a couple of extra days. Great town and surrounding area. The middle of October is one of theat town and surrounding area. Will echo dinosaurbbq and say that Ace BBQ is unbelievable. Really all of the recommendations above are spot on. Other good BBQ spot is a bit of a drive is called the BBQ exchange. Wayside is solid fried chicken- another good place in town is Brown's. Another place for late night (slightly upscale) is C&O.

Lots of great hiking in Shenandoah National Park as well as in the George Washington and Jefferson National Forests. Fortunately there are lots of places to rehydrate in the area with a number of breweries and vineyards near most of the hikes. If anyone is interested there is a website called hikingupward.com that makes it really easy to plan a day trip.

Outside of Charlottesville the breweries worth going to are Blue Mountain and Devil's Backbone, maybe Wild Wolf. These are all about 45 minutes west in Nelson County, VA, close to hiking. In Charlottesville, agree with what is posted above, although I haven't been to South Street since Blue Mountain took over. Lots of vineyards to choose from, I would suggest Pollak.

The UVA Group Sales office will be blocking out 200 seats for The Fine Mess Tailgate. We will know the section sometime in April after they finish their season renewals. I am told that visitors (SU tickets) are usually seated in sections 516/517 in the corner of the end zone. We should be able to get better seats in section 531 or thereabouts. The section rows are about 32 seats across.

Prices have not yet been set, but we will be able to get a group discount. Figure the cost at about $30.00 per ticket. Scott Stadium has an online Group Sales function. When we get the group promo code we will post it together with the link on this thread. When ordering your tickets, just insert the promo code to get the group price and seats in our group section. We expect a good turnout for this game so be sure to order early.

There are many tailgates at the University Hall, which is about 1.2 miles from the stadium. However, we will be exploring a few other sites closer to the stadium in the spring and will let everyone know the final location at that time. We will be collecting for the spectacular tailgate at the tailgate site. This is not to be missed sports fans!

View attachment 35513

Go Cuse!

Update
I expect the VA Group Sales Office to be able to allocate seats and to give us a purchase code sometime in the next couple of weeks. I will post the details and a link in this thread. I will also PM all those who expressed their interest to me.
Go Cuse!

The UVA Group Sales office will be blocking out 200 seats for The Fine Mess Tailgate. We will know the section sometime in April after they finish their season renewals. I am told that visitors (SU tickets) are usually seated in sections 516/517 in the corner of the end zone. We should be able to get better seats in section 531 or thereabouts. The section rows are about 32 seats across.

Prices have not yet been set, but we will be able to get a group discount. Figure the cost at about $30.00 per ticket. Scott Stadium has an online Group Sales function. When we get the group promo code we will post it together with the link on this thread. When ordering your tickets, just insert the promo code to get the group price and seats in our group section. We expect a good turnout for this game so be sure to order early.

There are many tailgates at the University Hall, which is about 1.2 miles from the stadium. However, we will be exploring a few other sites closer to the stadium in the spring and will let everyone know the final location at that time. We will be collecting for the spectacular tailgate at the tailgate site. This is not to be missed sports fans!

View attachment 35513

Go Cuse!

Update
Just got off the phone with the UVA Group Sales office.
We will have a large block of tickets in Section 111 (which was the best available). The link and code will be available in the net 24-48 hours.

There will be discount pricing as well. Stay tuned!
Go Orange! (wait - they are Orange also!) Go Cuse!

We have 200 tickets for the game versus Syracuse on October 17th held for our group, located in Section 111 rows M-X.

The cost of each ticket is $25. A $2.50 per ticket processing fee and $7 per order charge apply to each order. ($7 order charge waived for customers selecting Print At Home as the ticket delivery method)

You may log in to purchase tickets by following these steps:
1.) Go to http://www.virginiasports.com/gtw
2.) Enter the login information below:

Sign-In ID: syracusefan
Password: orange

You may call the Virginia Athletics Ticket Office at (800) 542-8821 x2 for assistance with using the Group Ticket Window system. However, all orders must be placed online through the Group Ticket Window system to be seated within the group's seating block.

* The deadline for this offer is 10/9/15 (or while supplies last).

Hoping to see you are there!
Go Cuse!
Crusty

26 tickets sold so far.

This is going to be a terrific game and tailgate - TexanMark told me so!

Will be purchasing mine within the next month. Need to get the exact count and money together.

Anyone have luck at avoiding the $7.50 processing fee? I selected Print at Home and still was charged $7.50 processing fee plus $2.50 for each tix

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom