Virginia Tailgate Thread Oct. 17th | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Virginia Tailgate Thread Oct. 17th

I don't know any places around UVA. First time to Charlottesville. Anyone have suggestions for dinner and drinks on Friday?

Thanks,

Citizen Burger bar is a frequent suggestion for out of towners, one of the best burgers around. If you like steak, I would recommend the Aberdeen Barn, best prime rib I've ever had. As for drinks, anywhere on the downtown mall, Millers, Commonwealth Restaurant and Skybar, if you remember the band Cracker from the 90s, they're playing the Jefferson Theater Friday night. As far as the University area goes, I'd recommend World of Beer, Wild Wings Cafe, Boylan Heights and Mellow Mushroom. A word of caution for anyone that goes downtown, the Water St garage closes early, midnight I believe, and if you get your car stuck in there, they charge a fortune to have someone come let you out.

Citizen Burger bar is a frequent suggestion for out of towners, one of the best burgers around. If you like steak, I would recommend the Aberdeen Barn, best prime rib I've ever had. As for drinks, anywhere on the downtown mall, Millers, Commonwealth Restaurant and Skybar, if you remember the band Cracker from the 90s, they're playing the Jefferson Theater Friday night. As far as the University area goes, I'd recommend World of Beer, Wild Wings Cafe, Boylan Heights and Mellow Mushroom. A word of caution for anyone that goes downtown, the Water St garage closes early, midnight I believe, and if you get your car stuck in there, they charge a fortune to have someone come let you out.

Thanks for the suggestions. Yes, we're staying on campus, so we'll look for those places you mentioned in the University area. We're actually only a couple of blocks away from the SU tailgate lot.

TexanMark and I will finalize the main menu while we watch our guys destroy the South Florida Bulls.

In the meantime, please let me know what you intend to bring to the tailgate. (Large purchases will be reimbursed.)

UVA Tailgate Items.JPG

TexanMark and I will finalize the main menu while we watch our guys destroy the South Florida Bulls.

In the meantime, please let me know what you intend to bring to the tailgate. (Large purchases will be reimbursed.)

View attachment 52182

Zweigles, buns, condiments, and tons of alcohol

We live at Spring Creek in Zion Crossroads just outside of town. It is regularly ranked as one of the top 10 courses in the state of Virginia and has appeared on numerous national lists. With all the rain in the last week, the course should be in top shape.

Hey. Was thinking of retiring there (Spring Creek) next year. My son and his wife live in C'Ville and we want to live somewhere close.

View attachment 52182

5 lbs of chicken wing sausage

5 lbs of other assorted specialty sausage http://www.thesausageshack.net

Buns, tabletop grill (if needed)

Don't worry about reimbursing, it will be worth not having to set up my own tailgate!

If anyone makes a last minute plan and takes this room, I have 2 free tickets to give them! Can't beat that deal!

I no longer have these 2 tickets available. Twisted some arms and got a couple more folks added to our group. I'm at 8 now Crusty

Is there anyway we can work something out so that we sit together because 1 of the tickets was purchased separately from the 7 others. Let me know. Thanks.

Hey. Was thinking of retiring there (Spring Creek) next year. My son and his wife live in C'Ville and we want to live somewhere close.
Being surrounded by UVA fans, it would be awesome to have other cuse fans to watch games with. They have a great new sports bar in the clubhouse. Of course, UVA football fans aren't nearly as obnoxious as they used to be because their team sucks. UVA basketball fans on the other hand are starting to get a little annoying.

Good News...I have an extra tix Bad news you have to sit next to me...PM me if you need a tix for $25 in Crustyville.

Being surrounded by UVA fans, it would be awesome to have other cuse fans to watch games with. They have a great new sports bar in the clubhouse. Of course, UVA football fans aren't nearly as obnoxious as they used to be because their team sucks. UVA basketball fans on the other hand are starting to get a little annoying.

Yeah, as you probably were, I was at JPJ last year for the basketball game, and all of those chants were pretty tough to take. Hard not to like their coach though. He sure is a class act.

How do you like the course and community? May have to do a little pm'ing. I am currently considering spring creek or lake Monticello. I know you can't compare the golf courses but that community is only 5-10 minutes from my son. Lots of pros and cons to consider but spring creek is def in the running!

I can bring a canopy. Sadly it's not orange, but I can throw it in the car plus a few chairs.

Now that we know the game time, when should people start arriving to the tailgate?

In addition to the food, I will bring:

Canopy, 6' folding table, tabletop grill

Looks like I'm left with 2 extra tickets in the Syracuse section. PM me if interested. $25 / each. I have PDFs I can email to you or give you the printed copies at the tailgate.

I no longer have these 2 tickets available. Twisted some arms and got a couple more folks added to our group. I'm at 8 now Crusty

Is there anyway we can work something out so that we sit together because 1 of the tickets was purchased separately from the 7 others. Let me know. Thanks.
Send me your seat numbers please.

Looks like I'm left with 2 extra tickets in the Syracuse section. PM me if interested. $25 / each. I have PDFs I can email to you or give you the printed copies at the tailgate.
Please send me your seat numbers (all)

Seating Chart
This is what I have so far. Please let me know where you are sitting if you have not already done so.
Thanks

UVA Seating Chart.JPG

Obviously this could totally change over the next week and a half, but Weather.com's extended forecast says 65 and sunny for next Saturday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom