Virginia Tailgate Thread Oct. 17th | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Virginia Tailgate Thread Oct. 17th

Unfortunately won't be making the tailgate but will be there for game. May have one extra ticket if someone needs a free extra.

CUSU and I are now making the last minute trip to Virginia this weekend. We are looking at staying in Winchester, VA. Is anyone else staying in Winchester? Is there a group of Cuse fans staying somewhere else along 81 in Northern Virginia?

I think the Super 8 in Waynesboro still has a couple rooms left. That's where our crew is staying. It's a 25-30 minute drive to UVA. We'll be at Buffalo Wild Wings Friday night for dinner and drinks. Winchester is a bit of a drive (2+ hours) to the stadium, but also a really cool little city.

Edit: I just checked. I think the rooms there are now sold out at Super 8 as well. Good luck guys!

Update
We have 86 signed up for the tailgate as of this moment.
We still need one more grill.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a meeting place for pre-tailgate on Friday evening? A sports bar would be great.

cvillecuse gave me the following suggestions...

Citizen Burger bar is a frequent suggestion for out of towners, one of the best burgers around. If you like steak, I would recommend the Aberdeen Barn, best prime rib I've ever had. As for drinks, anywhere on the downtown mall, Millers, Commonwealth Restaurant and Skybar, if you remember the band Cracker from the 90s, they're playing the Jefferson Theater Friday night. As far as the University area goes, I'd recommend World of Beer, Wild Wings Cafe, Boylan Heights and Mellow Mushroom. A word of caution for anyone that goes downtown, the Water St garage closes early, midnight I believe, and if you get your car stuck in there, they charge a fortune to have someone come let you out.

We're staying on campus, near where the SU tailgate will be held. We're thinking of hitting either Trinity Irish Pub, Boylan Heights or Michael's Bistro & Taphouse on University Ave. Friday night. The Virginian also looks like a possibility.

I think the Super 8 in Waynesboro still has a couple rooms left. That's where our crew is staying. It's a 25-30 minute drive to UVA. We'll be at Buffalo Wild Wings Friday night for dinner and drinks. Winchester is a bit of a drive (2+ hours) to the stadium, but also a really cool little city.

Edit: I just checked. I think the rooms there are now sold out at Super 8 as well. Good luck guys!

We got a room in Winchester. We'll see everyone at the tailgate on Saturday

cvillecuse gave me the following suggestions...

Citizen Burger bar is a frequent suggestion for out of towners, one of the best burgers around. If you like steak, I would recommend the Aberdeen Barn, best prime rib I've ever had. As for drinks, anywhere on the downtown mall, Millers, Commonwealth Restaurant and Skybar, if you remember the band Cracker from the 90s, they're playing the Jefferson Theater Friday night. As far as the University area goes, I'd recommend World of Beer, Wild Wings Cafe, Boylan Heights and Mellow Mushroom. A word of caution for anyone that goes downtown, the Water St garage closes early, midnight I believe, and if you get your car stuck in there, they charge a fortune to have someone come let you out.

We're staying on campus, near where the SU tailgate will be held. We're thinking of hitting either Trinity Irish Pub, Boylan Heights or Michael's Bistro & Taphouse on University Ave. Friday night. The Virginian also looks like a possibility.
The Virginian is pretty small, especially in comparison to Boylan Heights or the other places mentioned. It's OK if you have only something like a group of 4 going to dinner.

The Virginian is pretty small, especially in comparison to Boylan Heights or the other places mentioned. It's OK if you have only something like a group of 4 going to dinner.

Any suggestions on where to park if we arrive around 10:00-11:00 game day? Will we have a shot to park near where our tailgate is being held?

Any suggestions on where to park if we arrive around 10:00-11:00 game day? Will we have a shot to park near where our tailgate is being held?
Definitely have a shot. U Hall/JPJ is the free, general parking area. Keep in mind, more people will have their heavy-duty tailgate at lunch time, since the game is at 3:30, rather than after the game.

Update
We have 86 signed up for the tailgate as of this moment.
We still need one more grill.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a meeting place for pre-tailgate on Friday evening? A sports bar would be great.

If you are looking for a sports bar, I forgot to mention Wild Wings Cafe (in addition to Mellow Mushroom), also on University in the same building as the Amtrak station. A word of caution on Trinity Irish Pub, it turns into a dance club about 9/10:00 so if you have any grey hairs, you'll look out of place and get a lot of dirty looks.

As far as the extra grill is concerned, I have a coleman road-trip I can bring. Just purchased 6 food only tix

Last edited:
If you are looking for a sports bar, I forgot to mention Wild Wings Cafe (in addition to Mellow Mushroom), also on University in the same building as the Amtrak station. A word of caution on Trinity Irish Pub, it turns into a dance club about 9/10:00 so if you have any grey hairs, you'll look out of place and get a lot of dirty looks.

As far as the extra grill is concerned, I have a coleman road-trip I can bring. Just purchased 6 food only tix
Great! If you can bring the grill we will be all set.

Which place do you think is best for the Friday pre-tailgate?

Update
At the moment we have 68 fans who have purchased tailgate tickets. We will base our food and beverage plans based on these numbers updated on Thursday.
If you have not signed up please go to syracusetailgates.com and purchase your tailgate tickets.
Thanks)
(I will be traveling today and tomorrow and will not check the site until the evening.)
I noticed there was a check for beer and food and another for just food. But none for just beer ??? The one i need

Gents - are you setting up shop in U-Hall East or U-Hall West, or for that matter U-Hall Cage?

Gents - are you setting up shop in U-Hall East or U-Hall West, or for that matter U-Hall Cage?
Bayside check the map...let us know the correct term to call the lot thanks...cya on Saturday

PLEASE NOTE THE ADDRESS ON YOUR TAILGATE TICKETS IS FOR SCOTT STADIUM AND NOT FOR THE TAILGATE.

The tailgate will be held at University Hall 300 Massie Road. We will attempt to setup as close to the corner of Massie Road and Emmet Street (Bus 29). This will provide the shortest walk to the stadium.

While we will arrive about 9:30 to stake out our spot we will not start setting up until 10:30. See you there!
Go Cuse!

UHaul at UVA.JPG

Look for Old Glory and the Syracuse flag.

SU Flag.jpg

Updated Seating Chart
There are several tickets for sale.
UVA Seating Chart.JPG

PLEASE NOTE THE ADDRESS ON YOUR TAILGATE TICKETS IS FOR SCOTT STADIUM AND NOT FOR THE TAILGATE.

The tailgate will be held at University Hall 300 Massie Road. We will attempt to setup as close to the corner of Massie Road and Emmet Street (Bus 29). This will provide the shortest walk to the stadium.

While we will arrive about 9:30 to stake out our spot we will not start setting up until 10:30. See you there!
Go Cuse!

View attachment 52645
Look for Old Glory and the Syracuse flag.

View attachment 52646

That's UHall East, thanks.

Great! If you can bring the grill we will be all set.

Which place do you think is best for the Friday pre-tailgate?

I'd say based on the number of people, World of Beer is your best bet. They have plenty of TVs and lots of seating, both indoors and out, in addition to a lot of great beer. Also, it is attached to a parking garage and parking is free for customers.

I'd say based on the number of people, World of Beer is your best bet. They have plenty of TVs and lots of seating, both indoors and out, in addition to a lot of great beer. Also, it is attached to a parking garage and parking is free for customers.
OK let's do it. We will be there about 5:00 PM until whenever. Obviously, everyone is welcome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom