Virginia tech game 2016 | Syracusefan.com

Virginia tech game 2016

zjscuse

All Conference

Whomever is bored enough like me and wants to give the game a watch and give there analysis, i'd love to here some people with better knowledge of the game give there take on this one (its the offseason i know where all bored) . I feel out of all the games last year this is the one that shows the best blueprint for the future. Not only because we won but because we where fully healthy at this point and are defense was really starting to click before all the injury's.

Whomever is bored enough like me and wants to give the game a watch and give there analysis, i'd love to here some people with better knowledge of the game give there take on this one (its the offseason i know where all bored) . I feel out of all the games last year this is the one that shows the best blueprint for the future. Not only because we won but because we where fully healthy at this point and are defense was really starting to click before all the injury's.

One of the things that was different in this game (after the Wake loss) was Dungey running more. I think Dino saw that we were too predictable on O and needed to move the ball on the ground to loosen everything else up. And - this game, like a lot of others featured an offense that shot itself in the foot to stall, as opposed to the D making a play. If that stuff gets ironed out (I think it will) - watch out.

That drive we had to put the game away, with Dungey making a ton of big plays with his feet and then Strickland running through their gassed defense on the way to the end zone was so much fun. We had run them into the ground and beat them into submission at that point. They were done and we were still going strong. Can't wait for that to become a regular thing where defenses are just unable to hang with us for 60 minutes.

One of the things that was different in this game (after the Wake loss) was Dungey running more. I think Dino saw that we were too predictable on O and needed to move the ball on the ground to loosen everything else up. And - this game, like a lot of others featured an offense that shot itself in the foot to stall, as opposed to the D making a play. If that stuff gets ironed out (I think it will) - watch out.

To be fair I think the Wake game is such an outlier due to weather.

To be fair I think the Wake game is such an outlier due to weather.

Agreed. I was just saying that prior to the VaTech game we were reluctant to have him run as much. Seemed like a slight strategy shift/realization that our RB/line were not going to produce on their own.

Awesome game, will never forget it...but for the love of god, BURN those fn uniforms...

Agreed. I was just saying that prior to the VaTech game we were reluctant to have him run as much. Seemed like a slight strategy shift/realization that our RB/line were not going to produce on their own.

Oh absolutely. It's tough now too given his injury history to incorporate designed runs but the kid is a gamer and will take what the D gives him. Praying he's the only QB to take meaningful snaps in 2017

Eric's injury history is just a wee bit inaccurate. He'll be fine.

Oh I am sure it is - I just mean him missing games is what we'd all like to see avoided is all. I never trust fan-doctors

Awesome game, will never forget it...but for the love of god, BURN those fn uniforms...

Ironically your avatar kind of looks like those uniforms. :) Grey with Orange

5559.jpg

Is it wrong that I like them now because we won that game. If we had lost I would have said burn them. I now associate that combination with an upset win over a top 25 team.

Ironically your avatar kind of looks like those uniforms. :) Grey with Orange

5559.jpg

Is it wrong that I like them now because we won that game. If we had lost I would have said burn them. I now associate that combination with an upset win over a top 25 team.

That's my theory for why the McNabb era uni's are so beloved. Winning helps.

Evans missed some shots this game but the defense played inspired the most part. If we had a power back, we would have destroyed them this game. We left points on the table at key moments.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom