Virginia Tech Tailgate, Oct 23rd, 2021 | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Virginia Tech Tailgate, Oct 23rd, 2021

I'm going to the game with some friends somewhat late notice, so not part of the ticket purchase and tailgate. Can you post the location of the tailgate so I can come by and say hello to the Cuse faithful?

I'm going to the game with some friends somewhat late notice, so not part of the ticket purchase and tailgate. Can you post the location of the tailgate so I can come by and say hello to the Cuse faithful?
I sent you a private message. Make sure you are logged in and look for the mail icon next to your name on the board header.

Will be at the game from Charlotte. Got game tix already but 2 will be ready to tailgate.

I sent you a private message. Make sure you are logged in and look for the mail icon next to your name on the board header.
Same here Mark. Good with tickets but would be nice to know where the Orange will be tailgating!

Cuse Fans-
We were at Hokie House last night. Classic college bar, pool, darts, cheap drinks, good music. Try it if that’s what you are looking for.

We are gonna try PKs tonight for happy hour.

Florange44

F9AB2C93-BC4F-4D24-80FD-E034EA1BC837.jpeg

Drove by Lane Stadium this evening to see if any tailgates had started, and sure enough there was one that had everything set up, smoker running, and with full keg already tapped and flowing. The chef will be in the parking lot all night monitoring the smoker.

Meet Dino. The group does a full pig roast once a year and chose the SU game for this special event. The pig is always named after the opposing coach, and the pig will be wearing a homemade Syracuse hat tomorrow. He expects about 50 people total. Talked tailgates & ACC/Big East football for about 20 minutes, gave him a Fine Mess koozie and encouraged them to look us up when Virginia Tech plays in Syracuse.

View attachment 209301
Drove by Lane Stadium this evening to see if any tailgates had started, and sure enough there was one that had everything set up, smoker running, and with full keg already tapped and flowing. The chef will be in the parking lot all night monitoring the smoker.

Meet Dino. The group does a full pig roast once a year and chose the SU game for this special event. The pig is always named after the opposing coach, and the pig will be wearing a homemade Syracuse hat tomorrow. He expects about 50 people total. Talked tailgates & ACC/Big East football for about 20 minutes, gave him a Fine Mess koozie and encouraged them to look us up when Virginia Tech plays in Syracuse.
Were they in the lot we'll be at?

How bad should we expect traffic to be in the morning…. My hotel is 22 minutes from the parking lot with no traffic, and I’m planning on leaving at 7am tomorrow. I’m expecting to arrive by 8, is that realistic? Or should I try to leave earlier?

Were they in the lot we'll be at?
No. Large lot across from the stadium. Small setup, but the smoker was quite impressive.

We Just got in to Blacksburg, lonnnnng day gonna make a couple cocktails in the room and get to sleep, ready for tailgate tomorrow, I have ten cases of beer that wasn’t expected lol…I am 5 min drive from stadium, hotel staff said getting to stadium no problem but Blacksburg has a horrendous time apparently getting people out of stadium said it could take two hours to get back to hotel, we shall see. Let’s all hope for a much needed win tomorrow!

Another successful tailgate. I got there at a little after 7am in the dark at the Inn at Virginia Tech parking lot. I found a great spot with a nice Grassy island behind us. The curveball thrown was no cash at the lot. I had to sit in line and punch in credit card info.

Despite the long walk to stadium (a little over 1 mile) it was an ideal place to tailgate. We had two porta-potties and the ability to walk into the Inn for a real rest room.

The lot never was never close to being full. We had huge individually wrapped sandwiches from Food Lion. We also had our normal selection coneys. Acesn8s came through with 10 twelve packs of Sierra Nevada Beer for the tailgate. Thank you RayInVa for the water. It is making it's way up for BC. Also, a special shout out to cjmurray34 for delicious "crack potatoes" and Bourbon. orangesox44 graciously volunteered to drive down 6 of the Fine Mess round tables. Those really added to tailgate

Finally, thanks to weedsportwarriors for helping on the ticket end. He was a trooper walking to and from the stadium with a hurting back.

This is my last road trip tailgate for the season unless the bowl gods grace us with a doable road trip.

Another successful tailgate. I got there at a little after 7am in the dark at the Inn at Virginia Tech parking lot. I found a great spot with a nice Grassy island behind us. The curveball thrown was no cash at the lot. I had to sit in line and punch in credit card info.

Despite the long walk to stadium (a little over 1 mile) it was an ideal place to tailgate. We had two porta-potties and the ability to walk into the Inn for a real rest room.

The lot never was never close to being full. We had huge individually wrapped sandwiches from Food Lion. We also had our normal selection coneys. Acesn8s came through with 10 twelve packs of Sierra Nevada Beer for the tailgate. Thank you RayInVa for the water. It is making it's way up for BC. Also, a special shout out to cjmurray34 for delicious "crack potatoes" and Bourbon. orangesox44 graciously volunteered to drive down 6 of the Fine Mess round tables. Those really added to tailgate

Finally, thanks to weedsportwarriors for helping on the ticket end. He was a trooper walking to and from the stadium with a hurting back.

This is my last road trip tailgate for the season unless the bowl gods grace us with a doable road trip.

Oh TexanMark who are you kidding, if we make a bowl game you’ll be there!!! LOL

Overall, awesome awesome tailgate. So glad we got to go and enjoy VT

Beautiful campus, absolutely amazing football atmosphere.

Really wish the Dome and Syracuse athletics could start doing some of the things that VT does in game to make the experience that much better

LETS GO ORANGE!

Oh TexanMark who are you kidding, if we make a bowl game you’ll be there!!! LOL

Overall, awesome awesome tailgate. So glad we got to go and enjoy VT

Beautiful campus, absolutely amazing football atmosphere.

Really wish the Dome and Syracuse athletics could start doing some of the things that VT does in game to make the experience that much better

LETS GO ORANGE!
Call me or text me the things you liked. I'll be sure we bring it up at the Cuse Council Meeting this week

Call me or text me the things you liked. I'll be sure we bring it up at the Cuse Council Meeting this week

I loved that you could actually hear the announcer LOL

I loved when they did the video board thing for “strike a pose” and had people try to copy the pose that they had

I loved the turkey race thing that they did with the turkeys on the cars around the track

I loved when they did the karaoke thing and had people “singing” to a digital microphone on the board and were lip syncing to the song

Also really enjoyed watching their dog grab frisbees during breaks.

Just more fan engagement stuff during the TOs to keep people interested…the big thing with this is, you need the PA system to work so people can clearly hear what’s going on.

The sound is a huge issue holding the Dome back.

Really need fan engagement during breaks to make it fun for everyone and keep everyone hyped up

I loved that you could actually hear the announcer LOL

I loved when they did the video board thing for “strike a pose” and had people try to copy the pose that they had

I loved the turkey race thing that they did with the turkeys on the cars around the track

I loved when they did the karaoke thing and had people “singing” to a digital microphone on the board and were lip syncing to the song

Also really enjoyed watching their dog grab frisbees during breaks.

Just more fan engagement stuff during the TOs to keep people interested…the big thing with this is, you need the PA system to work so people can clearly hear what’s going on.

The sound is a huge issue holding the Dome back.

Really need fan engagement during breaks to make it fun for everyone and keep everyone hyped up
this is all tremendous content, virginia tech's fan experience is top notch. such a great environment for a very mediocre team shows how much it matters to them.