Virginia Tech tailgate | Syracusefan.com

Virginia Tech tailgate

Cparmenter2

Walk On
Good evening. I’ll be traveling to VT for the game and wanted to ask if it’s too early to begin discussing a tailgate or location to tailgate for the Thursday night game. I’m willing to help out, bring things, buy things, however I can support.

Unfortunately I can't make this game.

Someone just needs to take lead. Several folks have made posts like this.

Close in parking is tough to find.

The tailgate I hosted in 2019 was here:

It is a long walk but they have a good setup for tailgates.

I remember they used a parking app. It might have been Parkmobile.

Sorry I can't help. I am not going due to it being on a 'Thursday.'

I'll be at this game coming from a hotel in Christiansburg via uber. If we don't get a full tailgate going down to meet up at whichever campus bar of choice.

I'll be at this game coming from a hotel in Christiansburg via uber. If we don't get a full tailgate going down to meet up at whichever campus bar of choice.
I’ll be bringing a few items to share and a grill. I’m not sure what area to tailgate but if someone knows a good parking lot, we’ll be there. We’re staying at the super 8 in Christiansburg

Following. We were able to get a room at the Home2Suites using Points, and walking to stadium.

I suggest someone do a little research on parking. Find a cash or prepay lot. Identify lot with address.

Make a post with info and start time. Make it BYOB and F.

I suggest someone do a little research on parking. Find a cash or prepay lot. Identify lot with address.

Make a post with info and start time. Make it BYOB and F.

What was that lot we did last time?

Was a bit of walk but was ideal for prepay and easy to coordinate with others

Might be a suggestion for these guys looking to meet up

What was that lot we did last time?

Was a bit of walk but was ideal for prepay and easy to coordinate with others

Might be a suggestion for these guys looking to meet up
Inn at Virginia Tech

Although there should be a couple closer lots available this year that were not available on '21.

I will be in lot 18…you will see the Syracuse Stars and Stripes flag flying high. Anyone is welcome. I’m bringing a fair share of sliders, and buns along with (have to have them) Hoffman hots. I’ll be hitting up the wegmans here in northern Va and getting a few other items like chips and such, but if you see me with my grill going and Cuse gear on, please stop by and get a bite to eat! Just byob please. See you Thursday and GO CUSE!

I will be in lot 18…you will see the Syracuse Stars and Stripes flag flying high. Anyone is welcome. I’m bringing a fair share of sliders, and buns along with (have to have them) Hoffman hots. I’ll be hitting up the wegmans here in northern Va and getting a few other items like chips and such, but if you see me with my grill going and Cuse gear on, please stop by and get a bite to eat! Just byob please. See you Thursday and GO CUSE!
Any idea how much parking is? What time the lot opens?

Any idea how much parking is? What time the lot opens?
So I got my pass on seat geek. You can also find them on vivid seats. crazy how much they charge but it was in the mid 70$ range but you can pay less I believe on Vivid seats and just print yours out. It says the lots open at 4. Seems ridiculous cause the game starts at 7:30. I’m going to be setting up around 2-2:30. A friend of mine who just went to the game in VT the other week said they don’t enforce parking and times that people show up.

The inn at virginia tech was $20 two years ago but it is a pretty far walk.

If your lot is near academic buildings hopefully you have no issues arriving at 2 or so.

Have Fun

Didn’t seem so long on the way out tho!
lol, no sir even though we had the debacle right before the half, fuente and Babers really tried to out-coach themselves into winning that game. we did go nuts for that Shrader touchdown to Alford which made the hike significantly more manageable.

I potentially have up to 3 tickets extra (in addition to mine) if anyone is on the fence and interested

I heard this church sells parking on gameday. Hopefully someone going can call and find out.

Be sure to ask their tailgate rules...i.e. beer

I heard this church sells parking on gameday. Hopefully someone going can call and find out.

Be sure to ask their tailgate rules...i.e. beer

Someone told me Blacksburg Church of God is a cash lot as well for $20 and 3/4 mile walk to stadium. Not sure how large or how quickly it fills up as I’ll be limited not being able to get in too much before kickoff.

Has anyone prepaid for game parking on Park Mobile? Athletic department says to find the zone corresponding to the parking lot and then pay but it doesn’t appear to be that easy for me …

IMG_9992.jpeg

We probably won’t be stopping by but I wanted to add that the Hokies take their tailgating seriously. The beer aisle at Kroger was packed and ice was almost out at 2pm today …

We probably won’t be stopping by but I wanted to add that the Hokies take their tailgating seriously. The beer aisle at Kroger was packed and ice was almost out at 2pm today …
VT has a lot of loyal fans. They have gone through some tough times and largely stayed loyal.

Respect.

All the Busch, Natural Light and Miller High Life was probably sold out. Plenty of Heineken and Stella :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom