Virginia Tech | Syracusefan.com

Virginia Tech

I dunno why. My last memory of Virginia Tech was of them kicking our ass on a regular basis...

I dunno why. My last memory of Virginia Tech was of them kicking our ass on a regular basis...
SU was 2-1 the last three games against them. 3-3 the last six, 6-6 in the BE.

I was afraid someone would come out with facts like that and make my comment look dumb.....

I was afraid someone would come out with facts like that and make my comment look dumb.....

Usually, when I get that feeling, I will Google it before hitting "Post"

Well, depends on how you slice the #'s. If you wanted a pro VT view you could look at last 5 (VT 3-2). Or combined scores. They often beat us badly (62-0, 51-7, 31-7, 31-3, 45-24). We beat them badly once (52-17).

But I was always proud of the fact that where it counts most (W-L), Go's 6-6 record is the one to focus on. We stood toe to toe with them during their rise to power.

I knew I remembered some woodshed beatdowns they laid on us towards the end...

I knew I remembered some woodshed beatdowns they laid on us towards the end...

Much like our lasting impression with BC was the magical 2004 game, our lasting impression with VT was a 51-7 epic beatdown in Blacksburg. We sent a message to them on the way out.

Living in Northern VA we are literally surrounded by Hokies (neighbors on both sides). For the last 8 years I have been reminded of the last ACC raid between 20-50 times a day on my commute as EVERY SINGLE Hokie, no matter if they went there or simply are related to someone who went there puts multiple pieces of VT flare on their car. UVA people at work love to make fun of them for it...its like they can't stop themselves.